Nugget Shooter Forums
AzNuggetBob

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...

BB; it only slowed down it never stopped.

The early heavy bombardment was when the solar system was young...since then the orbits of most things in the solar system have been cleared...sort of.

Except things are still falling to Earth. Usually in tiny bits but sometimes in big comets or asteroids...and then there are scary things lurking in the Ort Cloud and the K-belt and beyond. Just waiting for a little nudge to get them headed thisaway...lookout!!!

fred

• Like 1

GOD DID IT TO DRIVE MEN MAD WITH GOLD FEVER...... :th: and it worked-John

White POwder Gold :arrowheadsmiley::arrowheadsmiley::brows::brows: will cure all that ails ya, mend fences with your neighbors and make thoroughbreds of your beasts of burden

Come one, COme all, GEt it while it lasts! Once it's gone, it's gone.......

http://www.halexandria.org/dward469.htm

I've been reading the responses, all have some possibilities of the origin of gold, but you might as well ask where did the universe come from, it all came from the same origins, what that origin was is only speculation on our part as humans, we aren't mean't to know in this life if you ask me, but it's fun to guess and speculate but still we may never know the answer, but what do I know.

A lot of great stuff here. Weaver hillbille it would seem I missinterpreted your original post.

my apologies.

Some believe that our planet core is a matter producing(including gold) generating thermo nuclear generator? and under intense gravitational pressure containing and keeping the reaction alive?

that would answer a lot of questions and

throw my theory of planet growth from interstellar debris bombbardment out the window. :D

fred

it would seem that some scientists are back peddling a bit on our water (oceans) coming from comets based on test results so far from Rosetta and Comet 67P and now are going back to anything from asteroid sweat to heavy water? http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/dec/10/water-comet-67p-earth-rosetta

that's a lot of asteroid sweat. :D considering some asteroids may only contain a single drop. or that maybe comets in the earth's early history may have had a lighter form of water.

or maybe they just plant the seed for our water on earth.

azbb

it seems there is an awful lot of interest in mining asteroids lately,makes you wonder? is it for the purpose of building space craft in space or something else?

Au Seeker

to me knowledge is almost like gold, I think we've only just scratched the surface.

AzNuggetBob

Absolutely in the big bang, but not just any random, accidental, haphazrd bang. The one purpusfully created and designed in the mind of the Grand Architect himself!

Edited by wes
  • Like 1

Hah... How about this.... The earth as we know it may have taken over 450 Billion Years and it was created as

part of our well known Milky Way and we are just one of them. We started as a small core and grew like Mopsy

as other space stuff joined us... or how about this... Nearly every mineral found on our planet came from outer

space...

Naw... everyone knows the earth was created.... wow I better not open this controversry. But then again maybe

most of the posters are on the right track... but then again I will advance my theory: :brows:

Gosh AuNuggetBob... I think it was the residue from a wild party alpha/beta/lamda/pie threw

for Lucifer.. this created a flood and the ark could only save the critters and we can blame it

all on Bruce Babbit and the Dept of Interior :idunno:

Does someone have a college copy of historical geology and/or the geological column... ???

As you all know I'm older then dirt and I was there when it all happened,... :arrowheadsmiley: ... :old:

• Like 4

Bob.., my apology....for trying to light-en-up the seriousness of your truly thoughtful and awe-experencing

question. jim

Everyone knows it comes from leprechauns. Grubstake

Jim I was going to throw in some jokes too but I seem to get in trouble when I do :D:2drink::snapoutofit: so I'll just throw this in and risk taking a thrashing from the experts. :200::D

One of the most common theory's is that much of the earth's surface gold is brought up to the surface by percolation and precipitation.

I think subduction friction would generate enough heat combined with(iron produced)acidic solutions will free up and carry micron gold.

It's really a simple and proven process, put the gold in solution and precipitate it back out by PH shift,electrolysis or by evaperation and/or cooling.

Or even my theory of surface precipitation by lightning strike (electrolysis or electroplating)also assisted by almost instantaneous evaporation of metal rich solutions along faults/veins.

could this explain some rich surface gold pockets/deposits?

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 1

Hey man, that's HEAVY METAL Bob...I can believe it, but don't really understand it..hehe!

Edited by Rimshot

Rim we tryed this theory in a lab we put together in Phoenix last year. we used 250,000 volts DC.

It worked, at least in the lab. the guy that we talked into flipping the power switch did it with a 8'long 2x4. It was impressive,intense and explosive.

Dont try this at home we had plenty of money to repair the lab.

AzNuggetBob

Simply buy a nice LFE plasma machine,add 3 gasses,hit with half a million volts from the rf generator and watch through the tiny porthole as hell on earth is created and how we came to be on this most perplexing rock. Don't leave out Mother Nature as, as a women, she likes gold too and must have had a hand in golds creation :old: John

No worries. I too engage my mouth from time to time without enough brain housing group input...

Stars certainly have enough pressure internal to sustain fusion reactions. Does the Earth?

Who knows.

From Pop Sci mag

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-07/colliding-dead-stars-created-earths-gold

. Fission, yes, there is direct evidence of it being sustained for thousands of years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_nuclear_fission_reactor

"(snip)The natural nuclear reactor formed when a uranium-rich mineral deposit became inundated with groundwater that acted as a neutron moderator, and a nuclear chain reaction took place. The heat generated from the nuclear fission caused the groundwater to boil away, which slowed or stopped the reaction. After cooling of the mineral deposit, the water returned and the reaction started again. These fission reactions were sustained for hundreds of thousands of years, until a chain reaction could no longer be supported.(snip)

A lot of great stuff here. Weaver hillbille it would seem I missinterpreted your original post.

my apologies.

Some believe that our planet core is a matter producing(including gold) generating thermo nuclear generator? and under intense gravitational pressure containing and keeping the reaction alive?

Bob... My email is jimstraig@earthlink.net Please e-mail your mailing address and correct

spelling of your last name and I'll put some xerographic copies of Shand/meteorites and

other stuff such as minerals identified as being found in meteorites.

Changing the subject: Reno Chris... ya out there? Since you are associate editor of the

ICMJ could you (please) check with the editorial department whether or not a freelance

article by Mike Lucas (on Meteorites) has been accepted for publication?; if so maybe

the issue of the ICMJ (?) if known as it mentions/references Brian Mason. The point of

this is the article could be helpful to issues within this thread... Mike is a good friend and

a fellow graduate of Mackay. (He also knows the old password re Mackay _ _ _ a

_ _ _ _ _.)

PS.... grubby ya "I gotcha" me again :cry2: more later 'tailgate'

Hi Jim:

Yup, I am out here. Because the office of the magazine is over in the San Jose area and I am here in Reno, I don't see much of what comes directly to the office until it is actually published. Articles that are submitted through me of course I see, but ones that go directly to Scott, I normally do not see - he just handles them himself. I do know that an article came in this month to Scott that he said the author was referred to him by you - but that is all I know, other than what you told me just now about the author and subject. I will check with him on the status and send you an email when I find out. You know Scott and Sally are raising three young girls and in addition to running the ICMJ, that keeps them plenty busy, especially at the Holidays!

My friend, like you, I believe the earth was created.

However I am a dunce when it comes to the old Mackey password. I just don't know it. Perhaps it had died out by the early 1980s when I was in school.

I was told some years back that there were three humungus meteors of Gold that hit the Earth.

One in Alaska, one in Africa, and the last in Asia.

They penetrated the earth's crust and mixed with the mantle. :89:

I don't believe it for a second it but was an interesting guess. :rolleyes:

I was told some years back that there were three humungus meteors of Gold that hit the Earth.

One in Alaska, one in Africa, and the last in Asia.

They penetrated the earth's crust and mixed with the mantle. :89:

I don't believe it for a second it but was an interesting guess. :rolleyes:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110907132044.htm

"Ultra high precision analyses of some of the oldest rock samples on Earth by researchers at the University of Bristol provides clear evidence that the planet's accessible reserves of precious metals are the result of a bombardment of meteorites more than 200 million years after Earth was formed.

Dr Willbold continued: "Our work shows that most of the precious metals on which our economies and many key industrial processes are based have been added to our planet by lucky coincidence when the Earth was hit by about 20 billion billion tonnes of asteroidal material.""The research is published in Nature.

During the formation of Earth, molten iron sank to its centre to make the core. This took with it the vast majority of the planet's precious metals -- such as gold and platinum. In fact, there are enough precious metals in the core to cover the entire surface of Earth with a four-metre thick layer.

The removal of gold to the core should leave the outer portion of Earth bereft of bling. However, precious metals are tens to thousands of times more abundant in Earth's silicate mantle than anticipated. It has previously been argued that this serendipitous over-abundance results from a cataclysmic meteorite shower that hit Earth after the core formed. The full load of meteorite gold was thus added to the mantle alone and not lost to the deep interior.

To test this theory, Dr Matthias Willbold and Professor Tim Elliott of the Bristol Isotope Group in the School of Earth Sciences analysed rocks from Greenland that are nearly four billion years old, collected by Professor Stephen Moorbath of the University of Oxford. These ancient rocks provide a unique window into the composition of our planet shortly after the formation of the core but before the proposed meteorite bombardment.

The researchers determined the tungsten isotopic composition of these rocks. Tungsten (W) is a very rare element (one gram of rock contains only about one ten-millionth of a gram of tungsten) and, like gold and other precious elements, it should have entered the core when it formed. Like most elements, tungsten is composed of several isotopes, atoms with the same chemical characteristics but slightly different masses. Isotopes provide robust fingerprints of the origin of material and the addition of meteorites to Earth would leave a diagnostic mark on its W isotope composition.

Dr Willbold observed a 15 parts per million decrease in the relative abundance of the isotope 182W between the Greenland and modern day rocks. This small but significant change is in excellent agreement with that required to explain the excess of accessible gold on Earth as the fortunate by-product of meteorite bombardment.

Dr Willbold said: "Extracting tungsten from the rock samples and analysing its isotopic composition to the precision required was extremely demanding given the small amount of tungsten available in rocks. In fact, we are the first laboratory world-wide that has successfully made such high-quality measurements."

The impacting meteorites were stirred into Earth's mantle by gigantic convection processes. A tantalising target for future work is to study how long this process took. Subsequently, geological processes formed the continents and concentrated the precious metals (and tungsten) in ore deposits which are mined today.

• Like 1

SP,

I heard whatever hit earth way back then was very dense...hmmm...gold is dense... :pop::oregonian_winesmiley:

Well Skips post kinda sums it up... :goodpost:

Edited by Rimshot

The impacting meteorites were stirred into Earth's mantle by gigantic convection processes. A tantalising target for future work is to study how long this process took.

That's what mystifies me... when did it start, and when did it stop. Seems we should still be bombarded by gold laden astroids if past history is any indicator. What power or entity put the kibosh to the process? :idunno:

That's what mystifies me... when did it start, and when did it stop. Seems we should still be bombarded by gold laden astroids if past history is any indicator. What power or entity put the kibosh to the process? :idunno:

Who said it was kiboshed?

Say it isn't so. :2mo5pow:

Edited by weaver hillbille

In my humble, uneducated opinion, I do not think that the future of space mining holds much promise.

Most economically viable mineral deposits on earth have some sort of secondary mineralization process that leaches the precious metals out of the nearby material and concentrates them in a certain area. The primary mineralization had these minerals distributed too randomly to get them out of the crust. I read in a book that platinum is more abundant then gold on earth; however, it is just placed more randomly throughout the earth’s crust and has not been concentrated so it is not found as much

If we believe gold nuggets come from some sort of superheated highly pressurized liquid, then how can stuff that’s been floating out there since the beginning of time or the last super nova explosion that’s never had the opportunity to have the minerals concentrated ever hope to be able to separate these minerals?

So then if the earth was bombarded my meteorites full heavy metals such as gold millions of years ago it seems to me that the earth would then be much heavier at the areas of impact and therefor would spin in an uneven manner much like a tire that is out of balance on a car ? Just sayin.... :D

strick

Gotcha Bob and will send the stuff on Monday....

Bill Southern... Bob is doing great... This topic "where does gold from as started by Bob Gutowski needs

to be pinned as Bob... as Ol' Woody Woodworth would say "(Is) smarter then two Jackrabbits"

Hmmm i smell something fishey here...all that space stuff hitting the earth had to go thru the mantle of earth and into the outer core to heat up. So it could rise up into veins or veinlets (ugh is that a new word?). Not sure if I believe all that, but who knows...interesting subject.