Nugget Shooter Forums
clay

Prospector's Research Tools

By request we've added a few new features to the Idaho Geology Map. We've added a Faults Layer and a new Idaho Rock Samples layer with 26,000 Rock samples taken from all over the State.

The Rock Samples layer has a link to the chemical analysis of each rock sample. The analysis is presented in an easy to read table broken down by percentage or ppm (parts per million) of each element.

Even if you don't have an interest in Idaho geology I hope you will take a look at this new feature and let us know if you would like to see one of these Rock Sample layers on your State's geology map.

As you can imagine building a map from all these samples takes some considerable time. I think it's a very useful feature not only for prospectors but for rock and gem hunters or anyone interested in the nitty gritty of an areas geology. If we get good feedback on this new feature we could begin to include it in your state's geology map.

Let us know what you would like to see. Contact Land Matters.

Barry, AZ claim question. If a claimant fails to file his paperwork or pay the maintenance fee on a claim and the case file is closed, is there anyway for that claimant to recover his claim without filing another location notice and paying the filing and maintenance fee again?

Thanks for MyLandMatters. Very cool.

By request the Idaho Mining Claims Map is now available.

Idaho currently has:

18,983 Lode Claims
2,191 Placer Claims
436 Millsite Claims
16.... Tunnel Site Claims
21,626 Claims Total

There have been so many requests lately for Idaho we've made this an Idaho weekend. Be sure to check out the new Idaho Geology while you are looking at those claims maps.

Barry, AZ claim question. If a claimant fails to file his paperwork or pay the maintenance fee on a claim and the case file is closed, is there anyway for that claimant to recover his claim without filing another location notice and paying the filing and maintenance fee again?

Thanks for MyLandMatters. Very cool.

You are welcome SLNugget. Thanks for your support. If it weren't for the support of miners like El Dorado and yourself there would be no Land Matters. :thumbsupanim

On the claim question. The simplest answer would be nope. Closed case files due to lack of filing and payment aren't going to be opened again. If there was a dispute or challenge the lead file would be kept open until the matter was settled.

35 FRN's mailed on a snail . and thank you!

• Like 1

Thank You weaver hillbille! Would you like us to send you the free California Treasures DVD?

You ever been to South Dakota?

By request the South Dakota mining claims map is now available.

South Dakota has:

41,330 Placer Claims

2,579 Lode Claims

3,295 Total

More coming soon. :D

Let us know what you would like to see. Contact Land Matters. Where else can you get free maps and research materials by request?

• Like 1

Awesome, yes please.

You can wait till the snail delivers and you deposit the check, no rush, busy days ahead

Thank You weaver hillbille! Would you like us to send you the free California Treasures DVD?

• Like 1

"California Treasures" ROCKS.........Thank you

• Like 1

:2mo5pow: Brrrrrrrr......... NOrth/SOuth Dakota( wassa diference...) has frozen Au.... No thanks.

But you play in Red Lake district Canada weaver hillbillie? Thaaats Coooold! :tisk-tisk:

What map would you like to see next? :D

"California Treasures" ROCKS.........Thank you

Thank YOU Steve!

That's one of Ruby's projects. I use it all the time. With the index and search functions it's quicker than digging through the library.

That girl does good work - and she digs! :yesss:

• Like 1

With the desert prospecting season just starting it's a good time to show off what I did this summer. I have been working with a few friends on a new non-profit organization to give you a single place for all your land research.

The result is MyLandMatters.Org. This is the gateway to your land information repository. Maps, books, tutorials, community resources and quality, easy-to-access information about the land around you.

A very awesome web site, and useful.

I have added quarter-quarter section data to http://freegoldmaps.comwhich shows PLSS sections. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Today one of my placer claims associates is locating another claim; the gold flakes out of every pan as so good we might file a mill site claim and a lode claim to the north. Woo hoo!

That's an "interest", Clay.

I own a loser gold stock with a "Rubicon" of a mine there, in the REdlake District, that's it. THey're still on tap to get their new mill up and running this year.

I play 12miNNW of RHAZ( and POway)........... I "played" with a chainsaw making firewood and dam filler, and directed :4chsmu1: a nice backhoe where to put six , manhigh, containment dams on bedrock. :yesss: I wish I could shovel that fast -move through boulders, scrubby oak and stumpage like superman. Cant wait to see snow/water in them.

Bryan

But you play in Red Lake district Canada weaver hillbillie? Thaaats Coooold! :tisk-tisk:

Edited by weaver hillbille

Hahaha, maybe a map of Europe :P

Maps of British Colombia and Canada will probably be first. :4chsmu1:

There is already a map of worldwide mines. Europe actually does more mining than most people suspect. As greenie as the press makes Europe out to be they mine a LOT of coal. :miner:

It's strange but I've found the minerals don't stop at the borders. :D

Edited by clay

It's been a while since I posted a Land Matters update. We've been busy finishing up some private work but we've still made a lot of updates to the Land Matters Maps and Library.

Of most interest to prospectors is that we have now completed* the 12 Western mining states BLM LR2000 claims maps. All of those maps were just updated this weekend and as usual the BLM is still updating records from months, and in several cases years, ago. Lots of surprises there. Check it out!

We've split the Mining Claims Maps into two sections and created a new Mines Maps section that has several new maps to help your research.

The Land Matters Geology Maps section continues to grow. There are now 25 States mapped with new additions coming regularly. Each State Geology map will continue to have new features added as we find the time and resources. Some maps have more features than others. We build these maps mostly by request so if we are missing something useful let us know and we will get it mapped for you asap. You can Contact Land Matters directly, we'd like to hear from you. smile.png

We've got a new mapping set that should be useful for all lands users. The Land Matters Topo Search Map gives you quick direct access to download more than a Quarter Million Topo Maps. This includes the entire Historic Topo maps collection from the USGS. You can search by area and download old, full resolution, topo maps going back to 1882. Look up the old mines, buildings and roads. Many have hand written notations on the map from the time they were published. These are a great resource for most any research involving the land or history. Something for everyone there!

The USGS just released the new US Topo series for Arizona. These have several upgrades from their previous digital topos. Most importantly they now have the PLSS (Township, Range, Section) layer included. You will find those on the Land Matters Topo Search Map along with all the other topo maps being added every month.

There's lots more to come at Land Matters check in often.

MyLandMatters.Org

Barry

* There are three claims in the State of Nebraska! We have not mapped those. blink.png

• Like 2

Love the Land Matters site! ... Much better and simpler than the old geocommunicator ... Clay, I PM'd you with with a questions ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

LR2000 continues to be a disappointment. One of my active placer claims still isn't in the database, even after three years. Other claims, such as the lode claim to the east of my mill site, shows no active claims in a township section that has three active claims, properly located and filed and assessed.

LR2000 continues to be a disappointment. One of my active placer claims still isn't in the database, even after three years. Other claims, such as the lode claim to the east of my mill site, shows no active claims in a township section that has three active claims, properly located and filed and assessed.

I would be very concerned if my claims didn't show up on the BLM database after three years. Obviously there is something wrong with their records or with your annual BLM filings if they haven't been put in the record.

Might be a good idea to look into that. Help them get their records straight or find out why they aren't showing.

I've often seen claims listed in the wrong section (a mile off) and even the wrong township (36 miles off). We even discovered several claims that were listed in the wrong state - about 400 miles off. :grr01:

The latest entry we've seen in the LR2000 was almost two years after location and notice to the BLM. Your situation is well beyond that.

The much requested Alaska Mining Claims Map is now available!

This map was tough. Alaska is one BIG state! The State of Alaska has a lot more State Land than Public Land. This is unusual in the western mining states. Alaska allows mining claims through their own state mining board. That's also unusual. This makes for a lot more State mining claims than Federal mining claims so the Alaska map has three types of claims displayed.

This new Land Matters map has both the State and Federal mining claims displayed. It's also our only map with the Master Title Plats displayed right on the map. This is shaping up to be one killer map! wink.png

There will be more features added to this new map in the next few weeks so keep a look out for more updates soon!

• Like 1

I would be very concerned if my claims didn't show up on the BLM database after three years. Obviously there is something wrong with their records or with your annual BLM filings if they haven't been put in the record.

Might be a good idea to look into that. Help them get their records straight or find out why they aren't showing.

I've often seen claims listed in the wrong section (a mile off) and even the wrong township (36 miles off). We even discovered several claims that were listed in the wrong state - about 400 miles off. :grr01:

The latest entry we've seen in the LR2000 was almost two years after location and notice to the BLM. Your situation is well beyond that.

The missing database entries for known-active claims in the area makes me wonder if the claim applications were rejected and the BLM did not bother notifying the grantees--- and still accepts the assessment fees. Some of my claim's neighbors are also missing from the database, even though I know the holders have filed the papers every year for decades. It is a vast mystery.

Great site , thanks

You are welcome Djptr. Keep watching there's a lot more coming! :)

We've upgraded several of the Land Matters Base Layer maps big time.

You will find these Base Layers on every Land Matters interactive map. They form the bottom of the maps layer stack and provide a visual reference for the other map layers.

We've made the Aerial Photos ("Satellite images"), Topo and Street maps load about 4 times faster and increased their color quality. For those of you on faster connections you will see a big difference in load times and quality.

We've increased the ground resolution of most of the Aerial Photos by more than 3 times. Ground resolution is a whopping 1 foot in most of the United States now!

We've also upgraded the Real Time Weather Map. This map now has higher resolution real time radar that will let you see the progress of storms anywhere in the United States as they happen. The real time infrared satellite updates show cloud masses and their movements right along with the radar day or night.

Just click on the "Refresh Map" button to watch the radar and cloud imaging change as the weather changes. You can zoom in and out and move the map just like any other Land Matters map but the map shows current weather conditions.

These weather maps are one of my favorites when I'm planning an outing. Get the real thing at home when you need it.

I would be on the phone ASAP if my claims were not shown!!

Been there, done that.