Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gtxkid

Who make's the best Spiral wheel

I want one of these variable speed units.

Are there any good american make one's

Mainly what is the best one to go with.

I am excited and want to start playing soon as i can.

Any tips on buying ne would be cool.

Camel and Gold Magic are American made.

I have a Gold magic and it works if your not in a hurry.

The Camel is the Better machine.

If you know what your doing you can do it faster and better buy hand pan.

I agree with homefire. Better and faster by hand. Gold wheel is something I bought when I got started and the only piece of equipment I have sold. Better equipment to spend your money on IMO.

I agree with these fellers,the gold wheel is slow,tedious,and if not set perfect will

lose more gold than it catches.

Sawmill is correct. I had a friend complaining that I took him to a place that had no gold. I panned the stuff he ran through his gold wheel and he was pleasantly surprised.

No one. If you use a wheel you might as well use tweezers instead you will get more gold and faster... :grr01:

Not a wheel, but a blue bowl works okay, if set up right.

For clean ups, I prefer a long narrow sheet metal sluice box with rough top conveyor belting in it.

I have a older one. Had to run the clubs gold bags to get the gold out after a screw up. It pulled out every spec out. I think it's a gold genie

I'm not a big fan of gold wheels -- at least not the wet-only ones. I have had some limited success using the dry function on a Gold Magic Wheel. I wrote an article for the Mining Journal around 7 or 8 years ago that referenced one of these experiences. You can read an expanded version of that article on Bill Southern's store web site entitled, "Why Do I Do THe Things I Do?"

As Hoser would say, they are only good for target practice, but each to his own

Thanks

WOW what a great response.

That just saved me some money.

Not sure what all to buy to get started and this just narrowed it down.

i have had camel for 12 years been trying to sell it for 11 it got so hot in the garage that the tank it folds up in has cracked and i have put over 4 different kinds of epoxy and jb weld on it to make it hold none of them work very well just need a bigger tuperwarte cantainer to make it hold water and it still would make me want to sell it

What do you recommend using.

I would like to get some suggestions on what equipment to buy.

If you are in AZ ... don't know where you hail from ... go to the Mesa GPAA gold show this weekend and you will probably see 3 or 4 in action at different vendor booths.

Mike F

man I love my fox it cleans pickers great and works well as a super concentrator for every thing smaller all the way down to 100 mess but you do have to classify it down to 100 mess only being feed to the wheel.. But I have done some modification to it. I removed their electronics for pump and wheel speed and use my own this removes the valve witch never stays at the same water flow. now I control the water flow by how much power I send to the pump fixing the ever changing water flow problems and having more variable speed control over the wheel help's to but the biggest factor in not losing gold is the feed rate and not using it to clean any thing less than pickers if its 20 mess and smaller and you dont want to loss gold use it as a super concentrator then send the super concentrate through something better like the blue bowl miller table ect. One hour on the gold wheel can save you many hours on the blue bowl ext

Start with the essentials... Pick pan and shovel. When you do find your glory hole with the basic equipment, then you can plan on the right equipment for your particular situation.

Start with the essentials... Pick pan and shovel. When you do find your glory hole with the basic equipment, then you can plan on the right equipment for your particular situation.

Yep! No Two locations are the same.

no kidding there if your pan don't show any gold no piece of equipment is going to change that fact

As Hoser would say, they are only good for target practice, but each to his own

That is the first thing Hoser John and I agree on.

If you don't have some soap in your water, you will lose everything you were looking for in the first place. Those ones that sit in the stream are not even good targets. I have a prospecting buddy that thinks that Gold Magic POS is the best thing since rubberbands and peanut butter-yeah sure, nothing beats a good old pan and some human hands. Look how well the Chinese miners cleaned up after everyone else in the old days.

I am headed to AZ in a couple of weeks with her and her Gold Magic-it makes gold disappear, this is going to be a fun trip.

I think the key to these units is classification. The better you classify and run each size separately, the better recovery you get. They all run on the same principal so you should get about the same result. I have only used them a few times so that's moo.....

And no offense but I wouldn't even think about running these units dry, only wet.

Steve

I haven't recovered much gold but the best recovery has been though the gold wheel. I run three sizes through it and clasification is very labor intensive, so I'll only use the wheel when sampling or running two gallons of concentrates. My three batches I run are -100, -50 and -20. Bigger than that I'll pan. I also run each batch through twice. THe first to get the black sand, and if its more than I can pan easily, I'll run through a second time to get the gold. I've used this for drywash concentrates, but not for my wet wash concentrates. So far my Gold CUbe and 10" sluice has not gotten enough concentrates to run through the wheel.

i live by classification and jetdry or soap. the simplest rules bring the best results.

Give me a link to this Gold magic sluice.

my vote go's to the wheels that have a hole in the center of the wheel giving your gold somewhere to go