Nugget Shooter Forums
ArcticDave

ArcticDave's picture thread

Was lucky enough to escape the frigid north for a few days, so here is a few pics of our journey through AZ.

100_4912.jpg

100_4911.jpg

100_4909.jpg

100_4908.jpg

• Like 3

Great pics Dave ... So clear they seem to be alive on my screen ... if you don't mind me asking ... what are you using for a camera?

Mike F

Great pics Dave ... So clear they seem to be alive on my screen ... if you don't mind me asking ... what are you using for a camera?

Mike F

Just an old Kodak 5mp. It does have a big lens and lots of optical zoom tho...

Glad you like them!

Beautiful Pictures, hope you found some gold and lots of memories....

Dave those pics were only 8 days ago.....are you spending the winter in the lower 48?

Great photo's AD, it doesn't get much better than that!! and the desert scenery never gets old.

Very nice pictures Dave!

Rim

Sure does look like a great place to be.......thanks

AD--got a question--you seem to go from the frozen north.... to the dry as a bone deserts...so...ever play in the lakes,streams and river in between?? Or are the extremities your thing?? or isolation and solititude? Whats this forum up to now--next the underlining will start again--PUTERS :41: John

DAVE are ya back here for awhile ???

Negative...had every intention of returning this fall for good, but the company I'm working for is paying me a good wage. Might as well build up some cash, and come back next fall. I did get to stay long enough to get the woman hooked tho :inocent:

Dave those pics were only 8 days ago.....are you spending the winter in the lower 48?

Just a visit, that turned into a funeral at the last minute for a close uncle. Waaaay to short but better than nothing!

Great photo's AD, it doesn't get much better than that!! and the desert scenery never gets old.

I love the scenery! The same ol' vista is constantly changing with the light. Wish I had a better camera... and the knowhow to use it :89:

AD--got a question--you seem to go from the frozen north.... to the dry as a bone deserts...so...ever play in the lakes,streams and river in between?? Or are the extremities your thing?? or isolation and solititude? Whats this forum up to now--next the underlining will start again--PUTERS :41: John

I suppose so John, after being so long in dang cold and rain, the warm dry desert seems like a blanket wrapped around my soul. One of the few places I've felt at peace in a while. Nome was great too...didn't see another human for a month at one point(not counting my partner) it just rained EVERY flippin day. I was starting to mold :2mo5pow:

Glad everyone likes the pics... more tomorrow

Appreciate the pics and stories of peace,solitude,adventures n' AK & AZ and GOLD of coarse. I know that warm fuzzy feeling of what ya speak as sitting in a pristine cool forest next to a babbling stream ,with my back up against a tree just observing nature as it moves about it's daily routine as I meld into nuttn' for hours on end. Then I fire up my noisy gas guzzling monsters and tear the LL outta it all :th: in my searches for oro puro :yesss: John

• Like 2

Dave,

Do you have any idea on what caused the hole in the small mountain on 2nd picture of copper basin? Nice pics!

Rim

Yep...Phelps Dodge copper mine!

We filled a small pan w/ malachite and azurite specimans. Awesome place to rockhound.

Cool! Thank's Dave!

Rim

Very nice pics and thanks for sharing Dave, see you next time around I hope....

I hope so Bill

I had a great time drywashing with you last spring and hope to do it again :2drink:

This next batch O pics is from the Grand Canyon....

100_4857.jpg

100_4853.jpg

100_4850.jpg

100_4852.jpg

The light was not that fantastic this trip to the Canyon, so the pics really do it no justice.

• Like 1

Wow Dave!

You're really covering some ground here! Great pics!!!

I assume this is the Grand Canyon?

Been sooo long since I was last there...very nice!

You are really gifted at taking great photos too.

Rim

Edit: I missed the first group of the canyon...Man oh man Duck Rock sure looks the same as it did back in the late 50's when I last visited the beautiful state of Arizona. Always breath taking views.

The GC is on my bucket list :yesss: I'm one of them that can never get to where I'm going fast enough. Then I always stay too long and must rush home to make up for it. Has anyone here taken the Rim train ride?? All I've seen is AAA mags stuff and they'd promote anything for $$$$. Real folks impression most important--the other rim :idunno: say what is that?? thanx much for any assistance garnered-John :4chsmu1:

In the past I would fly over the GC about twice a week.....but a lot of details are lost at 30,000 ft......

The GC is on my bucket list :yesss: I'm one of them that can never get to where I'm going fast enough. Then I always stay too long and must rush home to make up for it. Has anyone here taken the Rim train ride?? All I've seen is AAA mags stuff and they'd promote anything for $$$$. Real folks impression most important--the other rim :idunno: say what is that?? thanx much for any assistance garnered-John :4chsmu1:

Go see it John!!! You wont regret it. Both of my visits have been to the South Rim. There is a nice paved road for a good sized portion of the drive. The North Rim doesn't have as much road access and so is less developed... I believe.

I've gone in November both times and have had no trouble finding a little piece of canyon all to myself. Worth seeing multiple times in my book.

Wow Dave!

You're really covering some ground here! Great pics!!!

I assume this is the Grand Canyon?

Been sooo long since I was last there...very nice!

You are really gifted at taking great photos too.

Rim

Edit: I missed the first group of the canyon...Man oh man Duck Rock sure looks the same as it did back in the late 50's when I last visited the beautiful state of Arizona. Always breath taking views.

Thanks Rim... glad they are being enjoyed.

These are also G.C. ( Desert View watchtower) but from my earlier trip when the light was more favorable.

IMG_0097-1.jpg

IMG_0095-1.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

I looked at the photobucket account last night, and I've got over 900 of my pics on there! and quite a few more on the hard drive. I didn't realize I had so much, but thats the whole point of taking em....bad case of CRS :89:

• Like 1