Nugget Shooter Forums
frank c

ODD GOLD NUGGETS

Just started looking at odd shaped nuggets and this one I originally called "swiss cheese".

It is just the way it came out of the ground with all the holes.

After looking at it awhile it does kinda look like a buffalo.

I thought this might start a good picture post for others to add their oddities to for the viewers.

Hapy Huntn.

post-562-0-71173900-1352750583_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

This one is a present Don (Garimpo) gave to me because of the love I have for dogs.

post-1252-0-40123700-1352752046_thumb.jp

• Like 5

I know you guys won't believe me but I found one that looked like a certain body part. Also found a piece that looked like it came from that body part. I just wish I had taken photos of them back then. Maybe some of you guys saw them but didn't know who the original finder was.

Steve

Sure does look like a scotty dog shape.

I believe it Goldfinger

A friend of mine posted this on his site one day. I believe it is a most beautiful piece to look at.

post-562-0-05206000-1352753086_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The piece that is my avatar my son and I like to call the Miami Dolphin nuggett.

post-26443-0-02062700-1352759229_thumb.j

• Like 2

When the gold comes out of ground is that the shape they are in..? Round mean they been out a while and bubbly is placers?

Here's one I call my Feather Nugget...

DSCF0168.JPG

Ron in WA

• Like 2

Here's a sweet little wire specimen from Nevada.

post-21888-0-85906300-1352770924_thumb.j

• Like 1

Welp.....I call it our pizza nugget. Its flat and looks like a well roasted anchovie pizza!

Heck, at 1.27 oz.....I dont care if it looks like a turd! :)

Dont really have any other unique pieces.

Tom H.

post-25308-0-21556300-1352771434_thumb.j

• Like 3

WOW...........keep em' coming. This is great !

Patrick .....

When the gold comes out of ground is that the shape they are in..? Round mean they been out a while and bubbly is placers?

placer is gold that is no longer in situ in the ore body. They can get pounded round and flat from movement and getting squished over time (we're talking a long time and considerable actions of gathering). Those that are not as rounded could have been out just as long, but may not have moved as much or found a food hiding place relatively quick and didn't get hammered on so much.

placer is a type of deposition outside the ore body, not a type of gold.

All the nuggets, flakes, and flour gold we're normally finding are placer. Unless those flakes and flour are the result of crushing ore and panning it out :)

Basically, it's all got a beauty of its own... no matter the origin and we all share in appreciating it :)

The piece that is my avatar my son and I like to call the Miami Dolphin nuggett.

That is indeed cool!

They are all so cool, each and everyone unique, like snowflakes that never melt....

• Like 2

They are all so cool, each and everyone unique, like snowflakes that never melt....

EXACTLY, Thats how I think of them.

All nugget's are beauties. But to me this is my favorite nugget. I call it "Miner." lol! Well I wish it were mine but I guess it's Bill's. This was in the next to last contest we had here. See his head? See his arm on the right side of picture? Look's kinda like he's wearing coveralls...unreal!

And I like the second one too. I think it came out of Paradise Alaska. If I remember right it weighed like 8 ounces. I call it "Chocolate Chip Cookie." YUM YUM!!!!

And one more to grow on. I have no name for it but I wonder whos hand it is...hmmm. I like the shiney one with all the bumps.

Rim

post-26159-0-63405700-1352777714_thumb.j

post-26159-0-96321700-1352778387_thumb.j

post-26159-0-90652300-1352778954_thumb.j

• Like 1

This was one strange nugget.

A friend of mine purchased it. I have forgotten the weight but it was over an ounce I remember.

A very ODD piece

post-562-0-13357100-1352778410_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-47965200-1352778424_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-61853500-1352778435_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-06538400-1352778479_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Another cool Nevada specimen...

post-21888-0-27892400-1352785614_thumb.j

• Like 1

Dragon, Seahorse or what ever.

Chuck a "praying mantis"....

This was one strange nugget.

A friend of mine purchased it. I have forgotten the weight but it was over an ounce I remember.

A very ODD piece

''

One side looks like tied ,thick cord. That is very unusual.

Steve

All nugget's are beauties. But to me this is my favorite nugget. I call it "Miner." lol! Well I wish it were mine but I guess it's Bill's. This was in the next to last contest we had here. See his head? See his arm on the right side of picture? Look's kinda like he's wearing coveralls...unreal!

And I like the second one too. I think it came out of Paradise Alaska. If I remember right it weighed like 8 ounces. I call it "Chocolate Chip Cookie." YUM YUM!!!!

And one more to grow on. I have no name for it but I wonder whos hand it is...hmmm. I like the shiney one with all the bumps.

Rim

Yup Rim the "Miner" is indeed mine and never saw that in it until you mentioned it....

gbn001.jpg