Nugget Shooter Forums
garimpo

YES MY FRIEND IS A DOG!!!

7 hours ago, Idaho Jim said:

Heidi in Wyoming prospecting for rabbits

Jim,  is she part Chow? She looks similar to mine that will be 13 this year. Great picture, thanks for sharing.

She's a heeler cross, Jim. Not sure what she's crossed with. Doubtful it's Chow, as whatever it was gave her much longer legs than the typical heeler. I adopted her because of those long legs, and large feet. Makes for a great rough country dog. I've had 13 other dogs, including 7 German Shepards, and Heidi is the smartest, and best behaved of the entire bunch. The only negative thing about her is her ranging. Out in the wilds she disappears for 30 minutes at a time, and I have no idea what she's doing...LOL Hard to imagine that when I adopted her it took 3 weeks to get her to move more than 3 feet from me.

Jim

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Idaho Jim said:

She's a heeler cross, Jim. Not sure what she's crossed with. Doubtful it's Chow, as whatever it was gave her much longer legs than the typical heeler. I adopted her because of those long legs, and large feet. Makes for a great rough country dog. I've had 13 other dogs, including 7 German Shepards, and Heidi is the smartest, and best behaved of the entire bunch. The only negative thing about her is her ranging. Out in the wilds she disappears for 30 minutes at a time, and I have no idea what she's doing...LOL Hard to imagine that when I adopted her it took 3 weeks to get her to move more than 3 feet from me.

Jim

Jim, when she takes off it sounds like the lure of the hunt for her, she just can't resist those rabbits!

LOL...that's the truth AU. I've got a big brushpile in the back, and the rabbits live in it. She's got a racetrack worn in the ground where she runs around the pile. So far, she's only caught 2 on the place. Sure keeps her busy though. She digs gophers, too. We had a big gopher problem in the area a couple of years ago. I kept track, and she either caught, or dug out of the ground, over 300 hundred gophers that year. Ate every one of them, too. We have a fenced yard and the only time she could catch them was on our walks twice a day. She's relentless...LOL

jim

• Haha 1

Mine like to hunt up rabbits or wild cats to chase out of the yard out back.  Its funny... they love and protect our cats from the neighbors dogs... but yet hate the wild ones.

IMG_2234.JPG

IMG_2236.JPG

They look like a pair to draw to...LOL I've seen that  "head in the sagebrush" scene a few times myself!

Jim

Edited by Idaho Jim
  • Like 1