Nugget Shooter Forums
rockhunter1620

Lucky Linda?

Hey guys, I have a Q. fer anybody that is a GPAA member concerning the accessibility to the "Lucky Linda" claim thats just E.-S.E. of Congress. The mining guide sez the road leading onto the claim is a "little rough in spots" but is OK fer 2-WD, and I was hoping someone's been there recenly and can confirm for me that it shouldn't be too hard to get on the property with my little front wheel drive car, it's a 08 Chevy "Cobalt". I call it my "Puddle Jumper".And then, secondly, I was wonderin if there was anyone, interested maybee, in crossin trails with me a few days before the 10/28 gathering at gold basin, and do some huntin on old lucky linda with me the 24th.-27th. I am leaving my house early AM the 22nd of Oct. and should be in AZ. early AM of the 24th. any advice bout that claim is greatly appreciated. RH in Mi.

RH ... I was there about 10 days ago now. The road was good all the way to decision corner and then got a little rougher. However saying that your Cobalt will make it if you go slow ... there was a 2007 vette at the end of the weaver claims along the road to LL. Just go slow and weave around the rocks and you will be fine.

Mike F

RH - :ROFL: The only thing you need to worry about is watch out if it rains. A little is not going to tear up the road,but a few hours of heavy rain will make the road from decision corner to the LL claim a mess. I've driven it under these conditions and even on a quad it's a mess. Good luck on the LL, I found a specimen that was .9 oz 2 years ago out there. There's still Gold in them there hills. Dave

Yep, that was also one of my concerns, and I am keepin a close eye on the weather fer the area right up till I leave here, and then even on the trip out thata way. I get NOAA weather reports right on my phone, as wll as live radar loops. It's all about bein aware of yer suroundings, includin the weather. I'm on top of it man, but thanx a heap fer the tip and the wish of luck there Dave!

Frank-

I know of a small gold in quartz specimen that was dropped near Decision Corner during a night of partying. Maybe you will find it. :rolleyes:

And yes, those roads get really, really bad when it rains. :hide:

Steve

I would bet a gold nugget that many a prospector over the yrs, has permanently misplaced or even flatout lost his entire stash of nuggets right after he traded a single nugget fer a case of whisky, yep. Thanx fer the tip Steve, maybe I'll have to pause at that corner fer a spell and do a little serchin if I can do that. I'm thinkin that might be someone else's property or claim right there at that turn in the road, but we'll see. And I am definitely keepin an eye on the weather and already have a backup plan if heavy rains are forecast fer the area 24th.-27th.

The GPAP had their outing there this weekend. Due to heat and money I didn't go. Wish I had been able to, but food on the table is much more important.

The road looks about ready for another grading from the sight of those ruts. We'll see it sometime after the new year LOL. :lol:

Good luck to all headed to my third favorite gal :brows:

Morning Glenn...good thinking about the table scraps....from the looks of those ruts....throw in a down pour....

that's when those extra $$$ for the 4x4 for all those months now makes you feel giggly and wiggly.... :D

Our local weatherman says you will have sunny hot weather, bring lots of water. Dave

Dave,

Sunny and hot... Sounds like Fall in AZ to me :-(

That cool spell was so nice a couple weeks ago.

Geez Terry ... you trying to scare the guy off the LL!? That is what it looks like after a good soaking rain though. Thick, sticky and deep clay mud! Not a pretty picture for even an experienced mud runner!

Mike F

Yeah, them pics don't scare me. I wish I had some pics of some of the situations I've put my cars and trucks in. A couple different times in my life I've sat and waited 12-24 hrs. fer a tow-truck to show up, only to have the driver eyeball my situation, shake his head, and then leave withuot helpin in anyway. AAA hates me I think, cause I keep payin for the gold card (premium) membership. It's not the problem you have in life that matter, all that matters, is HOW you handle them. A good attitude and a fair amount of common sence will carry you a long way, and git you home safe.

Yeah, them pics don't scare me. I wish I had some pics of some of the situations I've put my cars and trucks in. A couple different times in my life I've sat and waited 12-24 hrs. fer a tow-truck to show up, only to have the driver eyeball my situation, shake his head, and then leave withuot helpin in anyway. AAA hates me I think, cause I keep payin for the gold card (premium) membership. It's not the problem you have in life that matter, all that matters, is HOW you handle them. A good attitude and a fair amount of common sence will carry you a long way, and git you home safe.

That and a AAA gold card!!! :brows: :brows:

Skip

If you want to prospect at DC you better stop and join the Weaver Mining District. Their office is out on the highway by the road into Stanton. They have a bunch of claims out there.

If you want to prospect at DC you better stop and join the Weaver Mining District. Their office is out on the highway by the road into Stanton. They have a bunch of claims out there.

Yo Slim...Weaver Mining District has moved its office into beautiful downtown Congress... It's located on the East end of the big Congress Shopping Mall! :lol: Cheers, Unc

Anyone know what Weaver is charging now? I had heard the price went way up, but others said it was still the same low price.

Frank (SGTFDA) and I tried to stop off and join a few months back, but she had already closed up for the day.

That old bar she used to be next to was an interesting joint. LOL

Hi Glenn ... I think the price is $35(was $25 when I first joined a few years ago) a year but haven't stopped in for awhile. I will probably be in Congress with Bunk on Tuesday ... will try to remember to stop into the new office and get the full scoop. Weaver claims have some good gold for those who want to spend the time to find it. It is mostly small gold but if you are drywashing rather than detecting you should be able to do very well,

If I don't get back to you by Tuesday morning give me a shout here on the forum as a reminder.

Mike F

You'll be at Gold Basin, right? If I don't hear from ya before then, I'll see ya there. Thanks

As for the Weaver District... I would join even if it was only to honor - aw crud, there goes my horrible name memory again, but you know who I'm talking about - and support his widow a little bit. I wonder how many members she's up to now with Au where it is?

Glenn ... sorry won't be up to gold basin ... was up there couple weeks ago. Next outing I'll be at will be Quartzite first weekend in December I believe. Name you couldn't remember is Les Bender ... my old mind can remember the good ones! :)

Have fun up to GB. It's a great place to hunt both meteorites and gold ... may you find at least one of each!

Mike F

Thats it! RIP Les. Thanks, Mike.

Sorry to see you won't be at GB. At this rate, we'll be pulling in late at night and only have Saturday to hunt. I have a medical procedure (which will allow me to walk more than a few feet at a time) Friday that will put me out the door later than I want to be... but I will be there :)

Glenn ... Made it to Congress yesterday but before the office at the Weaver club was open ... and too late for it had closed when I came out of Rich Hill. I should be in the area tomorrow with some friends visiting from the Maine so will try again then. In the mean time maybe someone from the area who has re-upped their membership in the last month or so will chime in and say what the fee is.

Mike F

Thanks, Mike! Happy hunting.