Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mihailovici179

My new discoveries in this weekend

You are in a great area for sure. That jade looks like top dollar for sure, probable worth a small fortune! I think what you are calling amethyst in granite might actually be ruby, looks like other pictures I have seen

Garnet?? Scratch test or jewelers ID would be cool-looks like a fun site to me,but I'm a fossil nut too-John :D

wowowowowowowow :ROFL: it marks the quartz omg. I think u right, it`s ruby. WOW. I cant belive that, would be the second great discovery for me in this year (after jade). Too awesome for a beginner! :spinnin:

do you want to sell any of that jade?

Yeah, sure. I use jade for jewelry, stone massage, crystals, etc. but I sell it too. How much jade do you want?

I want to make some knife handles, so don't need that much. Plus I am sure shipping could be killer. approx 12-14mm x 6-8mm x 4-6mm

Wow very nice finds! Thanks for sharing them.....

Yes, almost certainly garnet for the lavender-pink stones in matrix.

I have new pictures with one of my rock. I read about garnets and I saw that garnet has no cleavage. I did some photos more closely and noticed some pretty good plans outlined cleavage, so I think is`nt rhodolite. I find the rock in a place with thermal water. I suppose the crystal was subjected to a thermal or pressure shock. This rock may be a pegmatite? And what its the red crystal?? Thank you and Happy Holidays.

rhodolit%2521%257E%2B017%2560.JPG

rhodolit%2521%257E%2B033.jpg

rhodolit%2521%257E%2B013.jpg

That jade is gorgeous, and I for one and very jealous! Keep the pictures like that one comin!

Rocco

EDIT : I see that a particular type of Chinese jade is INSANELY expensive now. Just looking at this link I've provided, if your jade is even close to the quality they are speaking of you could quite possibly have a large chunk of cash in your hand!

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/usa/epaper/2011-07/25/content_12976111.htm

Yeah. 2.79 density, 2,86 specific gravity, 6 - 6,5 Mohs hardness,IR idk yet -it`s jade nephrite but it has very nice colors.

Look what I`ve found in this weekend ( few pieces):

1.quartz with inclusions:

quartz+009.jpg

garnets:

garnet+036.jpg

garnet - topazolite?

garnet+014.jpg

Best regards

Mihail

I have lotza jade specimens from dredging. My best is a Chinese Royal Blue as the most expensive on the planet. My bud George Stokes traded a big boulder of jade(his doorstop at the shop) for a 75' -3 masted sailing schooner in the 80's and man alive what a party ship that was-John

That sagenite with fortification agate is very nice. I would sure like to see how that one cuts and polishes. The brecciated jasper is also very nice with the contrast between the black and yellow.