Nugget Shooter Forums
garimpo

NAVY SEAL FOUNDATION...

A new movie to be release very soon: ACT OF VALOR....about Navy SEALs.....

most of the actors are active duty SEALs that starred in this movie on their time normally spent with their families...

the fire fights are actual weapons and the bullets are real.....

Go here for a preview: http://video.foxnews.com/v/1444228594001/enter-the-private-world-of-active-duty-navy-seals

If I can get a DVD after the movie comes out, I will send it to you

Great I would love that....thanks ahead of time.....I'll buy the next beer in Faina

National Interest - US

Navy SEAL skydiving trainer dies during skydiving competition

PERRIS, Calif. – A skydiver who had trained US Navy SEALs and completed more than 8,000 jumps died Saturday while attempting a dangerous maneuver during a competition near Los Angeles.

Sean Carey, 35, landed heavily in a pond while swooping -- which involves traveling just feet above the ground at high speeds -- in a competition with 15 others in Perris, Calif., The Press-Enterprise reported.

Carey was taken to a nearby hospital where he died.

Perris Valley Skydiving manager Dan Brodsky-Chenfeld said Carey was an experienced swooper. "This is his specialty," he said.

There have been 15 deaths at the skydiving center -- 60 miles southeast of Los Angeles -- since 2000, the newspaper reported, with six of them coming since 2011. Logs show there are about 140,000 jumps a year completed at the facility.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/19/navy-seal-skydiving-trainer-dies-during-skydiving-competition/#ixzz1mqHO6Z2k

More about Act of Valor....http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/02/17/act-valor-star-rosalyn-sanchez-preferred-working-with-navy-seals-to-hollywood/?intcmp=features

An unprecedented action-adventure film,“Act of Valor” stars a group of active-duty U.S. Navy SEALs in a fictionalized portrayal of real anti-terrorism operations. But for star Rosalyn Sanchez, who plays a CIA operative held captive, it wasn’t just the story line that piqued her interest – it was also a welcome change to star alongside real American servicemen as opposed to Hollywood actors.

“What surprised me was how unaffected and cool they were," Sanchez told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column of the SEALs. "Here they were doing a Hollywood movie and it wasn’t a big deal, they went along for the ride, they did their thing and they were incredible. I didn’t see any diva behavior. It was new for me to work with guys that even if they were waiting around for eight hours and didn’t have a trailer, they were content. It was refreshing.”

And for directors Mike “Mouse” McCoy and Scott Waugh of Bandito Brothers, the film – which hits theaters next Friday – would never have worked out without the real SEALs not only in the starring roles, but also writing a large portion of the script.

“As were led inside the community, we connected with this brotherhood of men that totally blew us away. We thought this was something that only existed in mythology,” McCoy explained. “But when we really connected with these men, and learned about the real acts of valor that have happened on the battlefield over the last ten years, they were more mind-blowing than anything a Hollywood screenwriter could write… And all the operational planning was done by the SEALs, every op you see go done in the movie, it was written by the SEALs so it is 100 percent legit.”

“The caliber of these guys was just so unbelievably amazing," McCoy added. "They were some of the most competent, intellectual, dynamic men you have ever met in your lives,” he said. “Given the weight of the subject matter and paying respect to their communities, the only way to do it was with the real guys.”

But “Act of Valor” not only seeks to showcase the skills and tenacity of our SEALs, but also the sacrifices their families make in the fight to keep all Americans safe.

“We strived to make this movie appeal to women. It is the Navy SEALs so guys are going to love it – but we set out to capture the women’s sacrifice too, they are just as heroic as the men. They have their own acts of valor that might never be recognized,” Waugh said.

The directors also hope moviegoers leave the cinema with a deeper respect for our servicemen and women.

“They don’t do it for recognition, and that was really the exploration of the film,” Waugh noted. “Why do these people do these incredible acts of valor for no recognition? It’s a rare breed of people these days and we wanted to play homage to that.”

And for Sanchez, her biggest desire is that Americans will walk away with a richer understanding of what really goes on beyond and borders – and why.

“It’s important for America and the world to know – all these people risk their lives every day to make sure we are okay,” she added. “America is already in love with, and fascinated by the NAVY Seals, and I think after watching this movie that love affair is going to be even stronger. You leave loving them and really respecting what they do.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/02/17/act-valor-star-rosalyn-sanchez-preferred-working-with-navy-seals-to-hollywood/?intcmp=features#ixzz1mvs0IgQR

US Navy SEAL's at work....

post-300-0-95299400-1338335558_thumb.jpg

The author of a recently announced insider account of the raid that killed Usama bin Laden has been identified to Fox News as a 36-year-old former Navy SEAL Team 6 member from Alaska who also played a role in the high-profile rescue of an American captain kidnapped by Somali pirates.

The book, "No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden," is set to hit shelves on Sept 11. It is penned under the pseudonym "Mark Owen," according to the publisher, but multiple sources told Fox News his name is in fact Matt Bissonnette, 36, of Wrangell, Alaska. Bissonnette could be exposing himself to legal trouble, as the Pentagon has not vetted the account.

The tell-all book also has apparently upset a large population of former and current SEAL members who worry about releasing information that could compromise future missions. One Navy SEAL told Fox News, "How do we tell our guys to stay quiet when this guy won't?" Other SEALs are expressing anger, with some going so far as to call him a "traitor."

And Col. Tim Nye, a Special Operations Command spokesman, said the author "put himself in danger" by writing the book.

“This individual came forward. He started the process. He had to have known where this would lead,” Nye said. "He’s the one who started this so he bears the ultimate responsibility for this.”

According to a press release from his publisher, Penguin Group, "Owen (Bissonnette) was one of the first men through the door on the third floor of the terrorist leader's hideout and was present at his death."

In the book, Bissonnette writes "it is time to set the record straight about one of the most important missions in U.S. military history."

An experienced member of the elite Navy SEAL special operators, Bissonnette also participated in the highly publicized rescue of Captain Richard Phillips in the Indian Ocean in 2009. That mission involved a daring rescue that ended when SEAL snipers shot and killed three Somali pirates with direct shots to the head.

Bissonnette received the rank of chief before he retired.

The book is co-authored with Kevin Maurer, author of four books, many of which were based on Special Operations.

Along with using the pseudonym "Mark Owen," Bissonette protected his fellow SEAL Team 6 members by changing their names in the book.

Both the Pentagon and CIA said Wednesday that the book was not in any way vetted by either department to prevent unwanted classified information from being released. When asked about the book, officials in both departments said they were unaware of the SEAL's true identity, but described co-author Kevin Maurer as a well-respected journalist.

Lt. Cmdr. Chris Servello, a Navy spokesman, said it's possible Bissonnette or any former service member could be punished for revealing national security secrets. "Any service member who discloses classified or sensitive information could be subject to prosecution -- this doesn't end when you leave the service," Servello said. "There is nothing unique to the special warfare community in this regard."

Meanwhile, the Pentagon said that because the author is a retired service member, any potential criminal prosecution would be handled by the Department of Justice.

A spokesman at Dutton, a division of Penguin Group, said proceeds from the book will be donated to charitable causes that benefit the families of fallen Navy SEALs.

Much attention has been given to the issue of security leaks in the ongoing presidential race. Supporters of Mitt Romney accuse President Obama of intentionally leaking operational details surrounding the bin Laden raid for political gain.

OPSEC, a group of retired military and intelligence officers, came under fire this week from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Martin Dempsey, who told Fox News on Tuesday he was "disappointed" by the group's political use of the military uniform in a recent anti-Obama advertisement. Dempsey said he feels those who serve ought to remain "apolitical."

OPSEC fired back, arguing that Dempsey's criticisms can be applied equally to the Obama campaign's "One Chance" ad, which featured images of Blackhawk helicopters in flight and military pilots. The video suggests Romney would not have made the same decision to call for the raid that killed Usama bin Laden.

Film producer Kathryn Bigelow received help from the White House when she produced "Zero Dark Thirty," a highly anticipated film detailing the bin Laden raid that was originally set to be released before the November election but was pushed to a later date after Republicans cried foul.

Fox News' Jennifer Griffin contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/23/author-bin-laden-raid-insider-account-idd-could-face-legal-trouble/?test=latestnews#ixzz24TQgPyK3

Way to go SEALs... Tell it like it is!...Honor is everything.

post-300-0-74846800-1346543701_thumb.jpg

• Justin Legg on Mt. McKinley earlier this year.

Lt. Cmdr. Justin Legg knows a thing or two about endurance.

When the retired Navy SEAL runs in a half-marathon Sunday in Virginia Beach, every step will represent a triumph over the leukemia that nearly killed him, and every breath will be drawn by a set of lungs from the 19-year-old man who inspires him, even in death. Legg, who received the double-lung transplant just two years ago knows he won't set a personal best, but he won't quit, either. For him, obstacles exist to be overcome.

“I believe firmly that we should do something every day that keeps us challenged,” Legg, 34, told FoxNews.com as he prepared for the race. “For me it’s important to overcome.”

Legg spent a decade in the elite military unit and was in Iraq six years ago when he was diagnosed with the dreaded disease. Over the next several years, he endured endless rounds of chemotherapy and radiation treatment. His body rejected a bone marrow transplant, causing the new blood cells to attack his skin, liver, lungs and eyes. Finally, both of Legg's lungs collapsed and he slipped into a coma in the summer of 2010. When he awoke, not only did he have to learn to walk all over again, he found out he had only months to live if he didn't get the life-saving transplant.

“I feel that I can show people that anything is darn near possible, even when everyone says that it’s impossible.”

- Justin Legg

He did, and eight months later, Legg walked a half-marathon.

“I was hurt, but I finished,” he recalled.

Months after that feat, Legg still did not know who was behind the donation, as organ donors are kept confidential. Then he got an email that gave renewed focus to his recovery.

"I was just sitting at home playing on my laptop and a little message popped up. It said, 'Hi my name is Julie McCarthy, I'm the mother of your lung donor.'"

The relationship that ensued prompted Legg, who now trains with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training, to raise his goals and redouble his efforts. When he takes on the 13.1-mile Rock 'n' Roll Half-Marathon, he'll do so in honor of McCarthy's son, Jared McKinley Carter. His goal is to inspire people to donate to a fund he set up honoring Carter. If he can raise $50,000, the Society will name a research grant in honor of McKinley.

"Jarred Carter died and in doing so saved my life," Legg wrote recently on his blogexternal-link.png. "If we can all come together to raise this money and name a project after him, he will in turn, be helping to save the lives of so many more."

Legg won't hit the eight-minute mile pace he once exhibited in full marathons. He still finds himself winded after walking up stairs, carrying heavy groceries or, as he describes, mowing the lawn as his body adapts to the new lungs and battles the side effects of drugs that help prevent rejection.

“Needless to say, I have been cut down a notch or two - I have been as humbled physically as anyone can be,” Legg said. “In fact, many simple tasks in my life are now greatly complicated by my current condition.”

Justin Legg is hoping to raise $50,000 to start a new program in the honor of his lung donor, Jared McKinley Carter. If you would like to donate, please go to Legg's twitter page @gorillafrog SUMMARY

But he'll get through it, Legg vowed.

“I’m going to switch between running a quarter mile to walking a half. The last three miles will be the worst for me physically,” Legg said. “I feel great and I’m mentally prepared for this.”

Legg’s said his tenacity predates his days as a SEAL.

“My time as a SEAL defiantly sharpened it, but by parents were the ones who instilled it in me,” he said. “They always told me not to ever let anyone tell me I’m not capable of doing something when I was growing up.”

Even joining the Special Forces unit once known as "frogmen."

“It sounded like a fun job. It was like playing G.I. Joe for the rest of your life,” he said. “Even while I was going through that rough training, I kept saying to myself, ‘I’m getting paid for this!’”

Earlier this year he attempted to climb Mt. McKinley even after doctors advised him not to. He was able to complete climb half way despite the limitations from a lung transplant.

“I feel that I can show people that anything is darn near possible, even when everyone says that it’s impossible.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz25GVpTzEP

Proposed Army manual tells G.I.s not to insult Taliban, speak up for women

Published December 12, 2012

post-300-0-77575300-1356005295_thumb.jpg

A proposed new handbook for Americans serving in Afghanistan warns them not to speak ill about the Taliban, advocate women’s rights or criticize pedophilia, and the general in charge is not happy with it.

The draft of the newest Army handbook seems to suggest that ignorance of Afghan culture is to blame for deadly attacks by Afghan soldiers against the coalition forces, according to The Wall Street Journal, which got a peek at the 75-page document. But its message of walking on eggshells around the locals is not going over well with U.S. Marine Gen. John Allen, the top military commander in Afghanistan.

"Gen. Allen did not author, nor does he intend to provide, a foreword," said Col. Tom Collins, a spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition in Afghanistan. "He does not approve of its contents."

More than three dozen attacks by Afghan soldiers have claimed the lives of some 63 members of the U.S.-led coalition this year. The insider attacks could jeopardize plans to transfer full security control to Afghan forces in 2014.

"He does not approve of its contents." - Col. Tom Collins, a spokesman for U.S. Marine Gen. John Allen

But a claim by their own government that they’re to blame is not likely to buoy the spirits of Americans risking their lives to serve.

"Many of the confrontations occur because of [coalition] ignorance of, or lack of empathy for, Muslim and/or Afghan cultural norms, resulting in a violent reaction from the [Afghan security force] member," the Journal quotes the draft handbook as saying.

The version reviewed by the Journal is still subject to revisions, Lt. Gen. David Perkins, commander of the Army's Combined Arms Center at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., told the Journal.

The study, based on interviews with 600 members of the Afghan security forces and 200 American soldiers, painted a grim portrait of opposing cultures with simmering disdain for their counterparts.

The draft handbook includes a summary stating that some U.S. soldiers consider Afghan forces to be “basically stupid” thieves, "gutless in combat," "profoundly dishonest" and engaged in "treasonous collusion and alliances with enemy forces."

The draft handbook offers a list of "taboo conversation topics" that soldiers should avoid, including "making derogatory comments about the Taliban," "advocating women's rights," "any criticism of pedophilia," "directing any criticism toward Afghans," "mentioning homosexuality and homosexual conduct" or "anything related to Islam," according to the Journal.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2F2PBI1OD

post-300-0-56016000-1356342046_thumb.jpg

WASHINGTON – U.S. military officials are investigating the apparent suicide of a Navy SEAL commander in Afghanistan.

Navy SEAL Cdr. Job W. Price, 42, of Pottstown, Pa., died Saturday of a non-combat-related injury while supporting stability operations in Uruzgan Province, Afghanistan.

A U.S. military official said the death "appears to be the result of suicide." The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the death is still being investigated.

"The Naval Special Warfare family is deeply saddened by the loss of our teammate," said Capt. Robert Smith, Commander of Naval Special Warfare Group Two, which manages all Virginia-based Navy SEAL teams. "We extend our condolences, thoughts and prayers to the family, friends, and NSW community during this time of grieving."

"As we mourn the loss and honor the memory of our fallen teammate, those he served with will continue to carry out the mission," Smith added Sunday.

A U.S. military official confirmed Price was from Virginia Beach, Va.-based SEAL Team 4, which is part of the mission to train Afghan local police to stave off the Taliban in remote parts of Afghanistan. Price is survived by a wife and a daughter.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/24/us-navy-seal-commander-death-in-afghanistan-being-investigated-as-possible/#ixzz2FxcpBzU4

Thanks Goldfinger....sounds like he should have done some checking on when to retire and when not

to.....anybody that spends 16 years in the military knows you don't just go home and say your retired

and get paid.....if you have bad injuries that's different....

Even if you do have service induced disabilities, it will take a year or more to wade through the VA quagmire....

THE SHOOTER!!

The man who shot and killed Osama bin Laden sat in a wicker chair in my backyard, wondering how he was going to feed his wife and kids or pay for their medical care.

It was a mild spring day, April 2012, and our small group, including a few of his friends and family, was shielded from the sun by the patchwork shadows of maple trees. But the Shooter was sweating as he talked about his uncertain future, his plans to leave the Navy and SEAL Team 6.

He stood up several times with an apologetic gripe about the heat, leaving a perspiration stain on the seat-back cushion. He paced. I didn't know him well enough then to tell whether a glass of his favorite single malt, Lagavulin, was making him less or more edgy.

We would end up intimately familiar with each other's lives. We'd have dinners, lots of Scotch. He's played with my kids and my dogs and been a hilarious, engaging gentleman around my wife.

In my yard, the Shooter told his story about joining the Navy at nineteen, after a girl broke his heart. To escape, he almost by accident found himself in a Navy recruiter's office. "He asked me what I was going to do with my life. I told him I wanted to be a sniper.

"He said, 'Hey, we have snipers.'

"I said, 'Seriously, dude. You do not have snipers in the Navy.' But he brought me into his office and it was a pretty sweet deal. I signed up on a whim."

"That's the reason Al Qaeda has been decimated," he joked, "because she broke my fricking heart."

I would come to know about the Shooter's hundreds of combat missions, his twelve long-term SEAL-team deployments, his thirty-plus kills of enemy combatants, often eyeball to eyeball. And we would talk for hours about the mission to get bin Laden and about how, over the celebrated corpse in front of them on a tarp in a hangar in Jalalabad, he had given the magazine from his rifle with all but three lethally spent bullets left in it to the female CIA analyst whose dogged intel work and intuition led the fighters into that night.

When I was first around him, as he talked I would always try to imagine the Shooter geared up and a foot away from bin Laden, whose life ended in the next moment with three shots to the center of his forehead. But my mind insisted on rendering the picture like a bad Photoshop job — Mao's head superimposed on the Yangtze, or tourists taking photos with cardboard presidents outside the White House.

Bin Laden was, after all, the man CIA director Leon Panetta called "the most infamous terrorist in our time," who devoured inordinate amounts of our collective cultural imagery for more than a decade. The number-one celebrity of evil. And the man in my backyard blew his lights out.

ST6 in particular is an enterprise requiring extraordinary teamwork, combined with more kinds of support in the field than any other unit in the history of the U.S. military.

Similarly, NASA marshaled thousands of people to put a man on the moon, and history records that Neil Armstrong first set his foot there, not the equally talented Buzz Aldrin.

Enough people connected to the SEALs and the bin Laden mission have confirmed for me that the Shooter was the "number two" behind the raid's point man going up the stairs to bin Laden's third-floor residence, and that he is the one who rolled through the bedroom door solo and confronted the surprisingly tall terrorist pushing his youngest wife, Amal, in front of him through the pitch-black room. The Shooter had to raise his gun higher than he expected.

The point man is the only one besides the Shooter who could verify the kill shots firsthand, and he did just that to another SEAL I spoke with. But even the point man was not in the room then, having tackled two women into the hallway, a crucial and heroic decision given that everyone living in the house was presumed to be wearing a suicide vest.

But a series of confidential conversations, detailed descriptions of mission debriefs, and other evidence make it clear: The Shooter's is the most definitive account of those crucial few seconds, and his account, corroborated by multiple sources, establishes him as the last man to see Osama bin Laden alive. Not in dispute is the fact that others have claimed that they shot bin Laden when he was already dead, and a number of team members apparently did just that.

What is much harder to understand is that a man with hundreds of successful war missions, one of the most decorated combat veterans of our age, who capped his career by terminating bin Laden, has no landing pad in civilian life.

Back in April, he and some of his SEAL Team 6 colleagues had formed the skeleton of a company to help them transition out of the service. In my yard, he showed everyone his business-card mock-ups. There was only a subtle inside joke reference to their team in the company name.

Unlike former SEAL Team 6 member Matt Bissonnette (No Easy Day), they do not rush to write books or step forward publicly, because that violates the code of the "quiet professional." Someone suggested they might sell customized sunglasses and other accessories special operators often invent and use in the field. It strains credulity that for a commando team leader who never got a single one of his men hurt on a mission, sunglasses would be his best option. And it's a simple truth that those who have been most exposed to harrowing danger for the longest time during our recent unending wars now find themselves adrift in civilian life, trying desperately to adjust, often scrambling just to make ends meet.

At the time, the Shooter's uncle had reached out to an executive at Electronic Arts, hoping that the company might need help with video-game scenarios once the Shooter retired. But the uncle cannot mention his nephew's distinguishing feature as the one who put down bin Laden.

Secrecy is a thick blanket over our Special Forces that inelegantly covers them, technically forever. The twenty-three SEALs who flew into Pakistan that night were directed by their command the day they got back stateside about acting and speaking as though it had never happened.

"Right now we are pretty stacked with consultants," the video-game man responded. "Thirty active and recently retired guys" for one game: Medal of Honor Warfighter. In fact, seven active-duty Team 6 SEALs would later be punished for advising EA while still in the Navy and supposedly revealing classified information. (One retired SEAL, a participant in the bin Laden raid, was also involved.)

With the focus and precision he's learned, the Shooter waits and watches for the right way to exit, and adapt. Despite his foggy future, his past is deeply impressive. This is a man who is very pleased about his record of service to his country and has earned the respect of his peers.

"He's taken monumental risks," says the Shooter's dad, struggling to contain the frustration that roughs the edges of his deep pride in his son. "But he's unable to reap any reward."

It's not that there isn't one. The U.S. government put a $25 million bounty on bin Laden that no one is likely to collect. Certainly not the SEALs who went on the mission nor the support and intelligence experts who helped make it all possible. Technology is the key to success in this case more than people, Washington officials have said.

The Shooter doesn't care about that. "I'm not religious, but I always felt I was put on the earth to do something specific. After that mission, I knew what it was."

Others also knew, from the commander-in-chief on down. The bin Laden shooting was a staple of presidential-campaign brags. One big-budget movie, several books, and a whole drawerful of documentaries and TV films have fortified the brave images of the Shooter and his ST6 Red Squadron members.

There is commerce attached to the mission, and people are capitalizing. Just not the triggerman. While others collect, he is cautious and careful not to dishonor anyone. His manners come at his own expense.

"No one who fights for this country overseas should ever have to fight for a job," Barack Obama said last Veterans' Day, "or a roof over their head, or the care that they have earned when they come home."

But the Shooter will discover soon enough that when he leaves after sixteen years in the Navy, his body filled with scar tissue, arthritis, tendonitis, eye damage, and blown disks, here is what he gets from his employer and a grateful nation:

Nothing. No pension, no health care, and no protection for himself or his family.

Since Abbottabad, he has trained his children to hide in their bathtub at the first sign of a problem as the safest, most fortified place in their house. His wife is familiar enough with the shotgun on their armoire to use it. She knows to sit on the bed, the weapon's butt braced against the wall, and precisely what angle to shoot out through the bedroom door, if necessary. A knife is also on the dresser should she need a backup.

Then there is the "bolt" bag of clothes, food, and other provisions for the family meant to last them two weeks in hiding.

"Personally," his wife told me recently, "I feel more threatened by a potential retaliatory terror attack on our community than I did eight years ago," when her husband joined ST6.

When the White House identified SEAL Team 6 as those responsible, camera crews swarmed into their Virginia Beach neighborhood, taking shots of the SEALs' homes.

After bin Laden's face appeared on their TV in the days after the killing, the Shooter cautioned his older child not to mention the Al Qaeda leader's name ever again "to anybody. It's a bad name, a curse name." His kid started referring to him instead as "Poopyface." It's a story he told affectionately on that April afternoon visit to my home.

He loves his kids and tears up only when he talks about saying goodbye to them before each and every deployment. "It's so much easier when they're asleep," he says, "and I can just kiss them, wondering if this is the last time." He's thrilled to show video of his oldest in kick-boxing class. And he calls his wife "the perfect mother."

In fact, the couple is officially separated, a common occurrence in ST6. SEAL marriages can be perilous. Husbands and fathers have been mostly away from their families since 9/11. But the Shooter and his wife continue to share a house on very friendly, even loving terms, largely to save money.

"We're actually looking into changing my name," the wife says. "Changing the kids' names, taking my husband's name off the house, paying off our cars. Essentially deleting him from our lives, but for safety reasons. We still love each other."

When the family asked about any kind of government protection should the Shooter's name come out, they were advised that they could go into a witness-protection-like program.

Just as soon as the Department of Defense creates one.

"They [sEAL command] told me they could get me a job driving a beer truck in Milwaukee" under an assumed identity. Like Mafia snitches, they would not be able to contact their families or friends. "We'd lose everything."

"These guys have millions of dollars' worth of knowledge and training in their heads," says one of the group at my house, a former SEAL and mentor to the Shooter and others looking to make the transition out of what's officially called the Naval Special Warfare Development Group. "All sorts of executive function skills. That shouldn't go to waste."

The mentor himself took a familiar route — through Blackwater, then to the CIA, in both organizations as a paramilitary operator in Afghanistan.

Private security still seems like the smoothest job path, though many of these guys, including the Shooter, do not want to carry a gun ever again for professional use. The deaths of two contractors in Benghazi, both former SEALs the mentor knew, remind him that the battlefield risks do not go away.

By the time the Shooter visited me that first time in April, I had come to know more of the human face of what's called Tier One Special Operations, in addition to the extraordinary skill and icy resolve. It is a privileged, consuming, and concerning look inside one of the most insular clubs on earth.

And I understood that he would face a world very different from the supportive one President Obama described at Arlington National Cemetery a few months before.

As I watched the Shooter navigate obstacles very different from the ones he faced so expertly in four war zones around the globe, I wondered: Is this how America treats its heroes? The ones President Obama called "the best of the best"? The ones Vice-President Biden called "the finest warriors in the history of the world"?

Read more: Man Who Killed Osama Bin Laden - Treatment of Veteran Who Shot bin Laden - Esquire http://www.esquire.com/features/man-who-shot-osama-bin-laden-0313#ixzz2KhXhZQNs

Officials identify Navy SEAL who disappeared during open ocean training swim

HONOLULU – Military officials have identified the Navy SEAL who went missing last week off Oahu during an open ocean training swim.

The Navy has identified the missing SEAL as 33-year-old Matthew John Leathers of Woodland, Calif. He was training off Kaena Point when he became separated from his unit.

KITV-TVexternal-link.png says the search for Leathers was suspended on Monday.

The Coast Guard, Honolulu lifeguards and firefighters, along with Navy and Marine Corps crews, searched over 24,000 square miles using aircraft, cutters and small boats, but found no sign of Leathers.

Leathers enlisted in the Navy on Aug. 11, 1998 and reported to SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team One at Pearl Harbor on Aug. 4, 2004

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/27/officials-identify-navy-seal-who-disappeared-during-open-ocean-training-swim/?test=latestnews#ixzz2M7tZjx1t

Navy SEAL dead after parachuting accident in Arizona

Published March 29, 2013 FoxNews.com

A Navy SEAL was killed in a training accident in Arizona Thursday after colliding with another SEAL during a parachute jump, Lt. Cmdr. David McKinney confirms to Fox News.

The SEAL was transported to the University of Arizona Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The second SEAL was also injured and is in stable condition at the same hospital. A press release with the names of the SEALs was expected Friday night, 24 hours after the family was notified.

The training was taking place at Pinal Airpark in Marana, north of Tucson.

Both SEALs were from an East Coast Naval Special Warfare Unit.

The incident is currently under investigation.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/29/navy-seal-dead-after-parachuting-accident-in-arizona/#ixzz2P15NOYUz

RIP

Your in your favorite bar....the evening is early and the usual smoke filled room is a peaceful place that

you've enjoyed many times.....

A couple of stools down sits a lady drinking alone so being the macho man that you know you are....you

slowly walk over and start a conversation.....she invites you to sit because she obviously enjoys your

lady killer charms....so you sit and the game starts.....

Shortly you both play the touchy touchy game on the arms....then the shoulders....because the music is a

little to loud you have to press your face against her head so she can hear your well practiced words....

the smell of her hair and perfume works it's magic and in no time your putting your arm around her and then

you take her to the dance floor.....everything is going great....after all the charm school has paid off before....

Just be a gentleman because Kristin demands that.....here's why:

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/06/former-seal-team-6-member-transgender-woman