Nugget Shooter Forums
desertdrone

Thinking of building a puffer drywasher

Hi all

I been toying with the idea of finally building my own drywasher. I bought a small sampler style last year off of frank c, frank if you read that mini drywasher is really fun to use

I like to try and make a larger one. the style I fell in love with was one i saw on you tube, here the link if that don't work just type marios dry washer in the search.

I love handle based machines since they are quiet and don't have to haul a lot of gear into the claim area.

anyway if anyone especially frank has any ideas on how to start would love to hear from you

Phillip

Phil, I have seen that video before neat.

If you wanted you could reproduce what you see in it. Incorporate some folding legs for ease of take down an set up.

If you want some basic outlines on constructing. Search for "Sam Radding" he has published a few paperbacks with designs and instructions that can give you a starting or reference point.

If you want some technical expertise on the complete subject of drywashing itself Jim Straight's book "Successful Drywashing" is the ticket !!

Have fun and design an build your own version to suit your needs.

Phil, I have seen that video before neat.

If you wanted you could reproduce what you see in it. Incorporate some folding legs for ease of take down an set up.

If you want some basic outlines on constructing. Search for "Sam Radding" he has published a few paperbacks with designs and instructions that can give you a starting or reference point.

If you want some technical expertise on the complete subject of drywashing itself Jim Straight's book "Successful Drywashing" is the ticket !!

Have fun and design an build your own version to suit your needs.

Hi frank

thanks for the info, definately plan to order a couple of those books you mentioned. I was thinking when i build my lower rifle tray could i use sluice box cloth ?

also do you think plywood would be the best to use for the construction ?

Phillip

Hi frank

thanks for the info, definately plan to order a couple of those books you mentioned. I was thinking when i build my lower rifle tray could i use sluice box cloth ?

also do you think plywood would be the best to use for the construction ?

Phillip

Phil, The material used on a sluice box is totally different in general.

A riffle tray cloth material has to be "porous" it has to "breath" with each stroke of the bellows.

As far as woods or metals for use, get some reading time in on some reference books and you'll decide on a direction to take with your project.

Phil, The material used on a sluice box is totally different in general.

A riffle tray cloth material has to be "porous" it has to "breath" with each stroke of the bellows.

As far as woods or metals for use, get some reading time in on some reference books and you'll decide on a direction to take with your project.

Hi

ok thanks for the info on the sluice box material.

just wondering in the airbox of your drywashers what kind of cloth material did you use i might just go with something like that

also making folding legs on it is good idea i was watching that video again he must have a heard time carrying that thing around

phillip

Phillip,

You might try this web page. Bill has some pretty good plans. I have seen a lot of different varieties of his plans in the field. You can pretty customize one anyway you want.

Yet, a better idea is have Frank build you one. The cost is going to be close to the same.

http://www.billandlindaprospecting.com/

Bob :olddude:

Phillip,

You might try this web page. Bill has some pretty good plans. I have seen a lot of different varieties of his plans in the field. You can pretty customize one anyway you want.

Yet, a better idea is have Frank build you one. The cost is going to be close to the same.

http://www.billandlindaprospecting.com/

Bob :olddude:

Hi jim

thanks for the link the page look pretty interesting. I also ordered a copy of successful drywashing book by jim straight , looking forward to read it.

Thanks for the advice as well if it gets too technicle i may just see if frank is able too build one.

thanks again

Phillip

Thanks for the info guys , those two mentioned by frank seems quite knowldgeable about the drywashing subjet.

I also prefer the puffer type, they are quite and less dusty than the blower ones'.