Nugget Shooter Forums

SAINT NANCY

On a Saturday afternoon, in Washington , D. C., an aide to House

Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited the Bishop of the Catholic cathedral in D.C. He

told the Cardinal that Nancy Pelosi would be attending the next day's Mass,

and he asked if the Cardinal would kindly point out Pelosi to the

congregation and say a few words that would include calling Pelosi a saint.

The Cardinal replied, "No. I don't really like the woman, and there are

issues of conflict with the Catholic Church over certain of Pelosi's views."

Pelosi's aide then said, "Look. I'll write a check here and now for a

donation of $100,000 to your church if you'll just tell the congregation you

see Pelosi as a saint." The Cardinal thought about it and said, "Well, the

church can use the money, so I'll work your request into tomorrow's sermon."

As Pelosi's aide promised, House Speaker Pelosi appeared for the Sunday

worship and seated herself prominently at the forward left side of the

center aisle. As promised, at the start of his sermon, the Cardinal pointed

out that Speaker Pelosi was present.

The Cardinal went on to explain to the congregation, "While Speaker Pelosi's

presence is probably an honor to some, the woman is not numbered among my

personal favorite personages. Some of her most egregious views are contrary

to tenets of the Church, and she tends to flip-flop on many other issues.

Nancy Pelosi is a petty, self-absorbed hypocrite, a thumb sucker, and a

nit-wit. Nancy Pelosi is also a serial liar, a cheat, and a thief. I must

say, Nancy Pelosi is the worst example of a Catholic I have ever personally

witnessed. She married for money and is using her wealth to lie to the

American people. She also has a reputation for shirking her Representative

obligations both in Washington , and in California . The woman is simply not

to be trusted." The Cardinal concluded, "But, when compared with Pres.

Obama, House Speaker Pelosi is a saint."

Been almost two years now since I was on this mountain...the

ridge to the far right about half way up...post-300-059890400 1287180719_thumb.jpgis where "snowflake" found a patch two

years ago...gotta get through this firstpost-300-034312300 1287180816_thumb.jpgwanted to go there today but to much

lightening and storms in that direction....

Holy molly Batman... those weeds can sure grow fast!

post-300-0-85486500-1290466531_thumb.jpg

A Scottish Soldier in full dress uniform marches into a chemist shop.

Very carefully he opens his sporran and pulls out a neatly folded cotton bandana,

unfolds it to reveal a smaller silk square handkerchief, which he also unfolds

to reveal a condom.

The condom has a number of patches on it.

The chemist holds it up and eyes it critically.

"How much to repair it?" the Scot asks the chemist.

"Six pence," says the chemist.

"How much for a new one?"

"Ten pence" says the chemist.

The Scot painstakingly folds the condom into the silk square handkerchief

and the cotton bandana, replaces it carefully in his sporran and marches

out of the door, shoulders back and kilt swinging.

A moment or two later the chemist hears a great shout go up outside,

followed by an even greater shout.

The Scottish soldier marches back into the chemist and addresses the proprietor,

this time with a grin on his face.

"The regiment has taken a vote," he says.

"We'll have a new one."

It's a good thing that people like pets...I believe everybody needs at least one...

but of all the animals in the world that make wonderful pets why would anyone want

a buzzard as a pet??....my thoughts are that person would have a few brain cells

missing and their nose is dead!!!!

Now to top that off what if your cute little pet buzzard is also GAY??? Why would I

even think of such a thing? Because of this story....

German Zoo Forces Gay Vultures to Mate With Females

German zookeepers are forcing two male vultures who prefer nesting together to mate with females, sparking outrage from gay rights activists who accuse the zoo of discriminating against birds of a different feather.

The trouble began back in March, when Guido and Detlef, two Griffon vultures, decided to move in together. The lovebirds began crafting a two-man nest out of stray twigs in a communal birdcage at their zoo in the town of Munster, in northwest Germany.

Both birds are predatory males, but seemed to enjoy one another's company more than that of any female. They spent their days grooming one another with their beaks and fortifying their nest -- though other vultures occasionally stole their building materials, as if to spite them.

"They always sat so closely together. They defended their nest from the other vultures," the zoo's curator, Dirk Wewers, told The Daily Telegraph of Australia.

But Wewers explains their preference for one another as second-best. "A suitable female was missing and in such a case vultures look for companionship from the next best thing, even if it is a male," the zookeeper said. "Detlef looked for a bird of the opposite sex but settled with Guido."

Poor Guido.

Griffon vultures aren't classified as endangered, but the purpose of their captivity in zoos is to allow them to reproduce in safe environments, to eventually grow their species' numbers and release them back into the wild. Zookeepers decided that Guido and Detlef's living arrangements weren't helping that goal.

So last week, Guido was snatched from his partner and shipped 400 miles east to a zoo in the Czech Republic, where a new bride awaited him. In his place is a Czech temptress whom zookeepers hope can seduce Detlef.

"Detlef is reorienting himself now," Wewers told the Telegraph. But he acknowledged that so far, Detlef and the Czech bird haven't touched one another.

Sponsored Links

Gay rights activists held a small demonstration in front of the zoo, waving a rainbow flag and decrying the zookeepers for standing in the way of love.

"This is like in the dark middle ages, forcibly making a creature sexually re-orient itself by tearing its partner from its side," The German Herald quoted one protester as saying. Others said they worried that what's happened to the birds could one day happen to humans as well.

Guido and Detlef aren't the first gay couple from the animal kingdom to make headlines.

Two gay male penguins, Harry and Pepper, started living together at the San Francisco Zoo in 2003, and five years later adopted, incubated and hatched an egg abandoned by a female penguin, Time magazine reported. But their romance didn't last. Last year, Harry left Pepper for a recently widowed female, Linda.

Kinda brings a tear to you eye to think that buzzards act a lot like people!!!!

How drunk is drunk??? Could it be this???

post-300-0-59924100-1291309003_thumb.jpg

Aloha Garimpo,

Now that is one for the books. Yep, that is drunk with a capital D!

Aloha,

Stan aka Ka'imi

If I can find out where this was found I'll post the location...

post-300-0-30376000-1293980330_thumb.jpg here's some of the story in that area....

post-300-0-48685000-1293980398_thumb.jpgBlack Mark for Brazil: Yanomami, Genocide, and Malaria

The Yanomami of the Brazilian Amazon have been decimated in the last 20 years by an incursion of prospect-miners (garimpeiros) who brought diseases (especially malaria) and other maladies to their hitherto relatively isolated communities. Here we follow the history of the garimpeiros incursion examining the current trying situation and make urgent policy suggestions.

Who are the Yanomami?

The Yanomami live in an area of approximately 192,000 km² spanning both sides of the Brazil-Venezuela border. Their land varies in ecological biomes from lowland tropical rainforest in both the Orinoco and Amazon River drainages to mountainous highlands. The Yanomami numbered approximately 29,000 in 2005 with about 14,000 living within Brazil. They are dispersed throughout this region and live at low population densities.

This research essay primarily concerns the Yanomami who live on the Brazilian side of the border who are being seen as the most affected by both garimpagem (prospecting) intruding on their native lands and malaria epidemics.

Likewise, this situation, is even being termed as a genocide due to the inexcusable behavior of a number of Brazilian government officials who both lent support to the garimpeiros and knowingly adjusted to the spread of disease in order to wreak havoc on the Yanomami people (particularly due to the exposure of the tribe to malaria, against which they did not have immunity). During the height of the gold rush from 1987 to 1999, it is estimated that the malaria epidemic, combined with the armed battles against garimpeiros, shockingly led to the loss of thirteen percent of the Yanomami population living in the region.

This modern gold rush on Yanomami lands began in the mid-1970s when the Brazilian military dictatorship assessed and identified the value of mineral deposits (including gold) on Yanomami lands under the mapping project Radambrasil. At the same time, between 1970 and 1980 the international price of gold increased seventeen-fold. In 1980, an estimated 5,000 garimpeiros moved onto the Yanomami lands at Furo de Santa Rosa. Garimpeiros generally were destitute men, as a result of protracted urban unemployment, or were landless rural workers. At Furo de Santa Rosa, garimpeiros quickly outnumbered the local Yanomami population of the Shiriana subgroup, twenty-five to one. According to University of Brasília Anthropologist, Dr. Alcida Ramos, less than six months after the arrival of garimpeiros, the Shiriana began contracting malaria. There were some deaths and anemia became widespread.

Garimpeiros used the town of Furo de Santa Rosa as the starting point from which they journeyed out onto the tributaries of the Uraricoera River, approaching a National Foundation for the Indian (FUNAI) outpost located at Ericó Notably, the garimpagem sites were, and are still, almost always accessed by small aircraft using remote jungle airstrips. Without airstrips, garimpagem would not have been feasible due to the lack of other transportation means in the forested Yanomami lands.

In 1986 the Polícia Federal drove most of the garimpeiros out of the region. Simultaneously, the military began a secret operation in the Northern Brazil’s Northern Amazon called Calha Norte. This initiative has been described by scholars as a covert plan of the military to move settlers into the region to thwart a feared foreign influence. Under the plan, the Air Force would widen a landing strip at a site called Paapiú without declaring the purpose. They then would evict the local Yanomami and declare Paapiú a national security area. However, after this was done, the Air Force did nothing further at the site.

The ploy should be understood as a pro-garimpagem (or at least pro-settlement) act due to the absence of any other explanation as to why the Air Force would have built this airstrip in the first place. This interpretation of the purpose of this act is in accordance with previous findings that Calha Norte was a clandestine operation to settle the region.

This Air Force-improved landing strip at Paapiú soon proved a catalyst for a gold rush. By August 1987, thousands of garimpeiros had arrived at the airstrip. From that location, according to Dr. Ramos, they were able to access most of the Yanomami territory.

While the military and FUNAI permitted garimpeiro’s entrance to Yanomami territory, they simultaneously forced the eviction of all medical personnel, anthropologists, other researchers, missionaries and NGO workers. Dr. Ramos states that for the two years following the expulsion of humanitarians aid-worker contingents.the Yanomami became infected with malaria at far higher rates than normal and were increasingly subject to other perils as a result of the incursion of garimpeiros, yet received no assistance.

In December 1987, shortly after the eviction, the President of FUNAI and the Governor of the State of Roraima proclaimed that the “reserves of gold mining” on Yanomami lands could now be legally extracted.

By December 1987, garimpeiros numbered more than 5,000 near Paapiú.

An atmosphere of “gold fever” spread in the Northern Brazilian Amazon, particularly in the capital of Roraima, Boa Vista. A large portion of Boa Vista residents, including most small farmers and many professionals, left their jobs to head for the placers on Yanomami lands. By January 1988, garimpeiros numbered approximately 10,000. By 1989, they numbered 20,000 to 40,000.

The cumulative effect of this incursion is the estimation that from 1987 to early 1999—the height of the gold rush—thirteen percent of the Yanomami residents in the region died due to environmental impact and malaria. During these years, the pernicious gold rush overwhelmed the Yanomami in the state of Roraima with garimpeiros eventually outnumbering the indigenous population nearly six-fold.

G'Day Everyone

I just thought I'd share some information with you about Don's maintenance men. They look after his Toyota, but they do a hell of a job on a Willy's Jeep

If you watch closely, you might see Don. :inocent:

Cheers

Johnno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD78rTF0Rjo

Thought some of you might find this interesting clip about Brazil...it's the state just West of me...Mato Grosso...

they don't say it in the clip but the state is rich in gold....diamonds...emeralds...if your tough enough and lucky

enough to stay alive....

http://player.vimeo.com/video/16905380

edit

Talk to me Sloba.....

That is so close to Goias State... sure wish we did some normal tourist stuff while I was down there. Darn Gold Fever gets in the way!

Drove my grand-daughter and her two grand-ma's the five miles to the lake this afternoon....the little girl

loves fried fish and they have plenty of that in the dozen or so restaurants out there...here's a few pics of

the area where we were on the half mile of beach...post-300-0-49744300-1336341329_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-73994100-1336341350_thumb.jpg post-300-0-73529000-1336341371_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-45245100-1336341389_thumb.jpg post-300-0-31285800-1336341408_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-90165300-1336341434_thumb.jpg post-300-0-60740000-1336341451_thumb.jpg

Thought some of you might find this interesting clip about Brazil...it's the state just West of me...Mato Grosso...

they don't say it in the clip but the state is rich in gold....diamonds...emeralds...if your tough enough and lucky

enough to stay alive....

http://player.vimeo.com/video/16905380

I am enthralled by the beauty shown in the video. As for the staying alive part, that reminds me of advice given to me by a friend who came to the US from Peru. If you are a gringo-yankee, don't go into the countryside unless accompanied by one or more trustworthy locals. Regardless, he says Peru has lots of gold waiting for the finding...

Cochetoopa/Jim

How many nuggets does it take to make an area a "patch"?....

My patch of 13 nuggets is only about a half mile from this beach.....

I'll be taking grand-ma....the one nearest to the camera....to have lunch there tomorrow for Memorial Day....

folks here don't celebrate that here but I will.....I'll be thanking all the American and Allied vets who are on

our side in the fight while I have fish and chips and freedom.....

Sounds like a Relaxing time to me. Detecting Too?

Thought someone would enjoy seeing some of the furniture produced here.....these are benches and in back is a porch swing....inside the building is the dinning room tables and chairs....

All of the furniture is made from locally grown trees....the bench in the foreground is so heavy it's hard to pick up just one end of it...

2013-12-20001.jpg

Those pieces will certainly outlast us!

One of the restaurants here has replaced all their table and chairs from this wood. You'll remember it El D, the Planalto Restaurant on main street. It took some doing to get them into that covered area.

Indonesian woman dies after being swallowed whole by a python

An Indonesian mother has died after being swallowed whole by a 23-foot-long python.

The woman, Wa Tiba, 54, went missing while tending to her vegetable garden near her village on Muna Island in Southeast Sulawesi province on Thursday, according to the village chief, Faris.

When her family went to look for her, they found only her belongings in the garden, including her sandals, a machete and a flashlight.

The village subsequently launched a search for her but were horrified to find the python with a severely bloated belly just 50 yards from the garden.

Faris said the villagers killed the snake and when they cut open its belly, they found the woman's body still intact wearing all her clothes.

Local police chief Hamka, who only has one name like many Indonesians, said: “Residents were suspicious the snake swallowed the victim, so they killed it, then carried it out of the garden.

“The snake’s belly was cut open and the body of the victim was found inside.” 

Local villager Ayu Kartika said: "Everyone cried and was in shock. That poor woman. It looked like a horror movie. The people are terrified, afraid to go outside.”

• wow 1