Nugget Shooter Forums

Well, I am just about packed and ready for my return trip down to Uruacu. Leaving Thursday morning at 0715 and will not see Don until Friday at 1730. Going to take a round about way and a long layover to save $800 on airfare! 35 hours of travel is going to be a grind, but I am staying a whole 6 weeks this year. Just could not teach Don all the fine points of beer quaffing in a 4 week trip last year.

Don has some great spots zeroed in for detecting and if all works out right we might even get his 5" dredge wet! Much effort is going to be put in to best Ken's 32 oz'er

Let the adventure begin............YAHOOOOOO

Well, I am just about packed and ready for my return trip down to Uruacu. Leaving Thursday morning at 0715 and will not see Don until Friday at 1730. Going to take a round about way and a long layover to save $800 on airfare! 35 hours of travel is going to be a grind, but I am staying a whole 6 weeks this year. Just could not teach Don all the fine points of beer quaffing in a 4 week trip last year.

Don has some great spots zeroed in for detecting and if all works out right we might even get his 5" dredge wet! Much effort is going to be put in to best Ken's 32 oz'er

Let the adventure begin............YAHOOOOOO

:luck: Good Weather - Good Beer - Good Women - Good Luck and Big Nuggets! :icon_mrgreen: 35-hours? Reminds me of my young self in the military. I don't think I could do it now. But then again, for six weeks of gold huntin' in Uruacu, I would probably crawl on broken glass. :whoopie: - Terry

Sheesh!, El D...

Has it already been a whole year since you went the last time?

Time is going too fast!

Greg

Hey Terry those flights to AU ain't short....wear loose clothes....and drink a lot

of liquid....when you get to W.A. be darn sure to carry a lot of water...a 2 qt.

canteen is the minimum.....

One word of waring: if your in the hills beeping and see a little cave be careful if

you get close...it could be one of those big ass red roos will come bouncing out

almost knocking you over and I'll guarantee you will down load the last two meals

in your shorts... :scare:

G'Day Steve

Safe trip mate........Don't forget the hornet nest :laught16::laught16:

The last one cracked me up enjoy

Airline Announcements?

United Flight Attendant announced, 'People, people we're not picking out furniture here, find a seat and get in it!

On landing, the stewardess said, 'Please be sure to take all of your belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's something we'd like to have.'

'There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane'

An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, smile, and give them a 'Thanks for flying our airline.' He said that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment. Finally everyone had gotten off except for a little old lady walking with a cane.

She said, 'Sir, do you mind if I ask you a question?'

'Why, no, Ma'am,' said the pilot. 'What is it?'

The little old lady said, 'Did we land, or were we shot down?'

As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Ronald Reagan, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: 'Whoa, big fella, WHOA!'

After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in Memphis, a flight attendant on a Northwest flight announced, 'Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because sure as hell everything has shifted after a landing like that.'

Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: 'We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal.'

Overheard on an American Airlines flight into Amarillo , Texas on a particularly windy and bumpy day: During the final approach, the Captain was really having to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the Flight Attendant said, 'Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Amarillo . Please remain in your seats with your seat belts fastened while the Captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate!'

'Your seat cushions can be used for flotation; and, in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments.'

'As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses......except for that gentleman over there.'

Heard on Southwest Airlines just after a very hard landing in Salt Lake City . The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, 'That was quite a bump, and I know what y'all are thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault, it was the asphalt.'

After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix , the attendant came on with, 'Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Capt. Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal.'

Part of a flight attendant's arrival announcement: 'We'd like to thank you folks for flying with us today. And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube, we hope you'll think of US Airways.'

Heard on a Southwest Airline flight - 'Ladies and gentlemen, if you wish to smoke, the smoking section on this airplane is on the wing and if you can light 'em, you can smoke 'em.'

A plane was taking off from Kennedy Airport . After it reached a comfortable cruising altitude, the captain made an announcement over the intercom, 'Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to Flight Number 293, nonstop from New York to Los Angeles . The weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have a smooth and uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax... OH, MY GOD!' Silence followed, and after a few minutes, the captain came back on the intercom and said, 'Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so sorry i f I scared you earlier. While I was talking to you, the flight attendant accidentally spilled a cup of hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!'

A passenger in Coach yelled, 'That's nothing. You should see the back of mine!

Go Get the Gold El Dorado! Have a great trip and be safe. I assume you are going through Goiânia. I haven't been there in a several years now, but I always enjoy it when I stay in that city. That trip sure is a long one, even worse when I did it from San Francisco to Gurupi, Tocantins (north of Goiânia by 10 hours or so by bus) with 2 babies (that was the hardest trip I took).

Best of luck guys! I'll be watching the forum to see how you guys are doing.

Johnno, funny airline quotes.

JimClick

Hey Terry those flights to AU ain't short....wear loose clothes....and drink a lot

of liquid....when you get to W.A. be darn sure to carry a lot of water...a 2 qt.

canteen is the minimum.....

One word of waring: if your in the hills beeping and see a little cave be careful if

you get close...it could be one of those big ass red roos will come bouncing out

almost knocking you over and I'll guarantee you will down load the last two meals

in your shorts... :scare:

:laught16: Thanks for the heads up! I think I pee'd on myself a little just reading about the Red Roo!!! - Terry

Morning Jim C......yep Gurupi is still there and still 10 hrs. by bus...in my Toyota

it's only 15 hrs.....I'll probably take E.D. through there and maybe even take a

couple of babies with us (20 yrs.old) and your right that does make the trip very

hard.... :Huh_anim]: :laught16:

Terry those "red roos" are no joke and be careful of the wild camels...depending

on where you go you'll probably never see one....if you walk down a track(dirt road)

and see a hugh round foot print....your in camel country...they were brought in

by the prospectors in the late 1800's when gold was first discovered there...normally

no problem unless you scare one of those friggin roos....

The snakes are a problem.....AU has 12 different poisonous snakes...they told me that

the "death adder" is the worst of the batch for being poision but the "king brown"

is aggressive and will come after you....that's what struck me about 8 times before

I could move away....leg protectors worked good....

Have fun and good luck... :icon_mrgreen:

Early tomorrow morning I'm going down the gold brick road.....five hours to Goiania

get a room in front of the air port and wait for El Dorado to get there Fri....1730....

get a good nights sleep ....then Saturday morning we go into the middle of town to

the money changer and trade money.....then it's a 180 mile drive to the old

slave town of Goias....big town now and the company that owns the land where the

beautiful gold is has their office there....we'll ask (beg if necessary) for permission

to hunt their 80 miles of claims that their no longer working....they had to shut

the operation down last year because they were only getting 6 kilos of gold

a week,,,,then they moved their machinery about 1200 miles North where their

getting 6 kilos per day.....good move...

Have two rooms reserved in the only hotel in Faina....then the fun starts.....gotta

beat "snowflakes" 32.2 oz in Alaska...at least we have a goal to shoot for... :tisc-tisc:

In a couple of more hours I'm shutting down this old computer and put it in storage.

See ya'll on the flip flop......

Yeah been along time.

Yeah been along time.

Garimpo did say something about putting the pc in storage though. Maybe they are not hunting the area by his house.

If memory serves me correctly they were going to be in the bush for 4-6 weeks. But then I have been told that memory is the second thing to go ... somehown no matter how I try I can't remember the first! :grrr01: :rofl2: :rofl2:

mike f

Chubacabre with the Gold Tooth!

Ask him!

We have been in the ¨bush¨ since my arrival. Just returned to Don´s town this afternoon. Trip has been great and a few nuggets are in the can. I am at what they call a LAN House renting computer time. The big guy will have his computer set up sometime soon...

All is well and contrary to John B. we are safe and sound (and will stay that way)..........

Food, beer, scenery (tera firma and female) has been great as well as the magic of all the animals and birds. A few nugget in the poke, but nothing to brag about YET

We have been in the ¨bush¨ since my arrival. Just returned to Don´s town this afternoon. Trip has been great and a few nuggets are in the can. I am at what they call a LAN House renting computer time. The big guy will have his computer set up sometime soon...

All is well and contrary to John B. we are safe and sound (and will stay that way)..........

Food, beer, scenery (tera firma and female) has been great as well as the magic of all the animals and birds. A few nugget in the poke, but nothing to brag about YET

So GREAT to hear from You Men!!! Congrats, and I DO wish I was there! :bowdown: -Terry

good to hear that you guys a fine and putting a few peices of gold a way, are you going to have a chance to put the 5" in the water and hit some of those great looking rivers ? the photos don posted of the great looking bedrock running right in the middle of gold country. i get almost as excited as looking at a good looking women :innocent0002:

bill-cr

el d

might as well get your dredging in there.!!! your not going to do anying in california now

Took a little trip....not down the mighty Missippi but good enough for a once in a

life time crossing on a current powered barge....

post-300-1250262714_thumb.jpg

post-300-1250262735_thumb.jpg

post-300-1250262749_thumb.jpg

post-300-1250262766_thumb.jpg

post-300-1250262788_thumb.jpg

post-300-1250262807_thumb.jpg

post-300-1250262828_thumb.jpg

Garimpo,

You feeding El Dorado...he's looking skinny! Tell him to put a hat on too!!!

LuckyLundy

Gatorade or beer.....don't remember which.... :wink2:

post-300-1250344936_thumb.jpg

G'Day Don

Great pics! Is Steve looking for land mines or snakes?

Cheers

Johnno

Johnno... just use your imagination! But I did find some along with a very old spur, a spoon (Don Found the fork) from an old slave dig! Has been a grand adventure...... will be home next week

The slave digs we worked for a week are the largest I've seen here in twelve

years....just the part that had been dozed ....about three feet of the tops of the

heaps were spread out....were about 60 acres ....many more in the trees not

cleared....with a beautiful fresh water stream running through the middle of

them....

The mineralization changed drastically every few feet....not exactly the type of

place you would want to try and learn a new detector.....here's a few pics of

some clumps with the minerals in cemented rock...

post-300-1251296008_thumb.jpg

post-300-1251296026_thumb.jpg

post-300-1251296067_thumb.jpg

post-300-1251296088_thumb.jpg

Finally home and feeling like I still belong to the living vs. being a Zombie. The trip back was very exhausting to say the least. Just about 36 hours of airplanes and airports with zero sleep. I will start posting pictures as soon as I get some uploaded into photobucket. Please do not ask for pictures of gold as I am not going to post any due to a certain person posting about the possibilities of ending up in jail............. so no gold nugget pictures, because there wasn't any.

This was the price of fuel.... equals about $3.80 a gallon for diesel and over $5.00 for gas. At least all the stations (Postos) were full service, just like the old times.

post-1252-1251472709_thumb.jpg