Nugget Shooter Forums
garimpo

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Fifteen reasons why men have 2 dogs and not 2 wives

1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.

2. Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.

3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.

4. A dog's parents never visit.

5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.

6. Dogs like to do their snooping outside rather than in your wallet or desk.

7. You never have to wait for a dog; they're ready to go 24 hours a day.

8. Dogs find you amusing when you're drunk.

9. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.

10. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, 'If I died, would you get another dog?'

11. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.

12. A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert.

13. If a dog smells another dog on you, they don't get mad. They just think it's interesting.

14. Dogs like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.

And last, but not least:

15. If a dog leaves, it won't take half of your stuff
  • Haha 3

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE, HOPE 2018 IS YOUR BEST YEAR YET!

• Like 1

Happy New Year to you as well Don, I hope this year is a much better year for you!!

• Like 1

Don ... May the Gold Gods look favorably upon you in 2018! Happy New Year!

• Like 1

This is one of the cleverest

E-mails I've received in a while.

Someone out there

Must be "deadly" at Scrabble.

Wait till you see the last one!

It's going to be hard to top because
It fits to a "T"

PRESBYTERIAN:
When you rearrange the letters:
BEST IN PRAYER

ASTRONOMER:
MOON STARER

DESPERATION:
A ROPE ENDS IT

THE EYES:

THEY SEE

GEORGE BUSH:

HE BUGS GORE

THE MORSE CODE:
HERE COME DOTS

DORMITORY:
DIRTY ROOM

SLOT MACHINES:

CASH LOST IN ME

ELECTION RESULTS:
LIES - LET'S RECOUNT

SNOOZE ALARMS:
ALAS! NO MORE Z'S

A DECIMAL POINT:
I'M A DOT IN PLACE

THE EARTHQUAKES:
THAT QUEER SHAKE

ELEVEN PLUS TWO:
TWELVE PLUS ONE

AND FINALLY....
FOR THE GRAND FINALE:

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA

An Arab Backed Imposter

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thought you would appreciate this one. 

Even if you’ve never testified in court before, you probably wish you could do it as well as this police officer did. While being cross-examined by a defense attorney during a felony trial, the lawyer tried to undermine his credibility by asking some round about questions to trip him up. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work out so well…

Q: “Officer — did you see my client fleeing the scene?”

A: “No sir. But I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender, running several blocks away.”

Q: “Officer — who provided this description?”

A: “The officer who responded to the scene.”

Q: “A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?”

A: “Yes, sir. With my life.”

Q: “With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?”

A: “Yes sir, we do!”

Q: “And do you have a locker in the room?”

Q: “And do you have a lock on your locker?”

A: “Yes sir.”

Q: “Now why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with these same officers?”

A: “You see, sir — we share the building with the court complex, and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room.”

The courtroom erupted in laughter, and a prompt recess was called.

• Haha 1

Old Aviators and Old Airplanes.....

This is a good little story about a vivid memory of a P-51 and its pilot by a fellow who was 12 years old in Canada in 1967. You may know a few others who would appreciate it.

It was noon on a Sunday as I recall, the day a Mustang P-51 was to take to the air. They said it had flown in during the night from some U.S. airport, the pilot had been tired.  I marveled at the size of the plane dwarfing the Pipers and Canucks tied down by her.  It was much larger than in the movies. She glistened in the sun like a bulwark of security from days gone by.

The pilot arrived by cab, paid the driver, and then stepped into the flight lounge. He was an older man; his wavy hair was gray and tossed. Looked like it might have been combed, say, around the turn of the century.

His flight jacket was checked, creased and worn - it smelled old and genuine. Old Glory was prominently sewn to its shoulders. He projected a quiet air of proficiency and pride devoid of arrogance. He filed a quick flight plan to Montreal (Expo-67, Air Show) then walked across the tarmac.

After taking several minutes to perform his walk-around check the pilot returned to the flight lounge to ask if anyone would be available to stand 
by with fire extinguishers while he "flashed the old bird up. Just to be safe."

Though only 12 at the time I was allowed to stand by with an extinguisher after brief instruction on its use -- "If you see a fire, point, then pull this lever!"  I later became a firefighter, but that's another story.

The air around the exhaust manifolds shimmered like a mirror from fuel fumes as the huge prop started to rotate.  One manifold, then another, and yet another barked -- I stepped back with the others. In moments the Packard-built Merlin engine came to life with a thunderous roar, blue flames knifed from her manifolds.  I looked at the others' faces, there was no concern.  I lowered the bell of my extinguisher. One of the guys signaled to 
walk back to the lounge.  We did.

Several minutes later we could hear the pilot doing his pre flight run-up.  He'd taxied to the end of runway 19, out of sight.  All went quiet for several seconds; we raced from the lounge to the second story deck to see if we could catch a glimpse of the P-51 as she started down the runway.  We could not.

There we stood, eyes fixed to a spot half way down 19.  Then a roar ripped across the field, much louder than before, like a furious hell spawn set loose---something mighty this way was coming.  "Listen to that thing!" said the controller.  In seconds the Mustang burst into our line of sight.

Its tail was already off and it was moving faster than anything I'd ever seen by that point on 19.  Two-thirds the way down 19 the Mustang was airborne with her gear going up.  The prop tips were supersonic; we clasped our ears as the Mustang climbed hellish fast into the circuit to be eaten up by the dog-day haze.

We stood for a few moments in stunned silence trying to digest what we'd just seen.  The radio controller rushed by me to the radio. " Kingston tower calling Mustang?" He looked back to us as he waited for an acknowledgment.

The radio crackled, "Go ahead Kingston."  "Roger Mustang. Kingston tower would like to advise the circuit is clear for a low level pass."  I stood in shock because the controller had, more or less, just asked the pilot to return for an impromptu air show!

The controller looked at us. "What?" He asked. "I can't let that guy go without asking.  I couldn't forgive myself!"

The radio crackled once again, "Kingston, do I have permission for a low level pass, east to west, across the field?"  "Roger Mustang, the circuit is clear for an east to west pass."  "Roger, Kingston, I'm coming out of 3000 feet, stand by."

We rushed back onto the second-story deck, eyes fixed toward the eastern haze.  The sound was subtle at first, a high-pitched whine, a muffled screech, a distant scream. Moments later the P-51 burst through the haze. Her airframe straining against positive Gs and gravity, wing tips spilling contrails of condensed air, prop-tips again supersonic as the burnished bird blasted across the eastern margin of the field shredding and tearing the air.

At about 400 mph and 150 yards from where we stood she passed with the old American pilot saluting.  Imagine.  A salute!  I felt like laughing, I felt like crying, she glistened, she screamed, the building shook, my heart pounded.

Then the old pilot pulled her up and rolled, and rolled, and rolled out of sight into the broken clouds and indelibly into my memory.

I've never wanted to be an American more than on that day.  It was a time when many nations in the world looked to America as their big brother, a steady and even-handed beacon of security who navigated difficult political water with grace and style; not unlike the pilot who'd just flown into my memory.
He was proud, not arrogant, humble, not a braggart, old and honest, projecting an aura of America at its best. That America will return one day, I know it will.

Until that time, I'll just send off this story; call it a reciprocal salute, to the old American pilot who wove a memory for a young Canadian that's lasted a lifetime.

Forward to your Pilot Fri
ends. And anyone who would enjoy a good story!   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Don for posting, since I was a young boy the P-51 has been my all time favorite aircraft, reading that I felt I was there watching it!!!

Don: 
Thank you for a great read.  The P-51 is also my all time favorite WW ll war bird.
I know exactly how that young lad must have felt.  I was almost there.....  
Lobo
  • Like 1

P-51 Mustang was a favorite of mine as well. My next door neighbor growing up was a former P-51 pilot and at the time was a pilot for TWA. I was at Expo 67 in Montreal at the age of 18 with my then girlfriend Gail and her family. Was a good time ... and was my first 'legal' beer. Thanks for the memory Don. 

In 1967 when this probably took place, I was a flight instructor at the two airports in OKC. Our main flight school was at 

Will Rogers World Airport. The smaller airport, Wiley Post was used mostly by private aviation and we also had a branch

of our school there. Among the pilots that had aircraft at that airport was one old timer that all of pilots knew and liked. 

He was very friendly to all us wet behind the ears pilots and he was also the pilot/owner of a P-51 Mustang. I think the 

Aero Commander Co. was his sponsor so he could fly around the USA and  put on air shows with the P-51.

Many times we "youngsters" saw that same plane and pilot show how it was done in times past. 

One of his best "stunts" was from the traffic  pattern altitude as he was on down wind to land he would cut the engine

off, turn base leg, turn final, lower the landing gear, land and taxi to the  parking area WITHOUT RESTARTING THE MOTOR!

That takes talent and big ones!

• Like 2

Why  Grandpa carries a gun

Please  take time to read.  It is all facts which will give us a clearer  picture of why our freedoms have lasted as long as they have.
The  quintessential reason why Grandpa carries a gun.
Please  take time to read this and pay particular attention    to   "A Little Gun History" about half way down –      staggering  numbers!

Why  Carry a Gun?

My  old Grandpa said to me, 'Son, there comes a time in   every  man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts   bustin'  caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to   take  a whoopin'.'

I  don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to  keep   from  being killed.

I  don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun  because   I  have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I  don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun  because I understand the limitations of government.

I  don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I  don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for  failing to be prepared.

I  don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I   carry  a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not  on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I  don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun  because men know how to take care of themselves   and  the ones they love.

I  don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun  because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am  inadequate.

I  don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun  because   I  love life and the people who make it meaningful to  me.

Police  protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must   protect  themselves because police do not protect you   from  crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then  call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally,  I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a  whoopin'!

A  LITTLE GUN HISTORY

PLEASE   DON'T  THINK  FOR  A  MOMENT,THAT
THIS   COULDN'T HAPPEN  IN  OUR  COUNTRY  ALSO  !!!!!!
 In  1929, the Soviet Union established gun control:
  From  1929 to 1953,  about 20 million dissidents,   unable  to defend themselves, were rounded up and  exterminated.
-----------------------
In 1911, Turkey  established gun control:
  From  1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend  themselves, were rounded up and  exterminated.
-----------------------
Germany established  gun control in 1938:
      From  1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who  were   unable  to defend themselves were rounded up and  exterminated.
-----------------------
China established  gun control in 1935: From 1948 to
      ·             1952,  20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves,  were rounded up and  exterminated.
-----------------------
Guatemala  established gun control in 1964:
     ·        From  1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to  defend    themselves,  were rounded up and  exterminated.
-----------------------
Uganda    established gun control in 1970:
     ·               From  1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves,  were rounded up and  exterminated.
-----------------------
Cambodia established  gun control in 1956:
     ·               From  1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend  themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.    
-----------------------
56  million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in  the 20th Century because of gun control.    
-----------------------
You  won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians  disseminating this information.

·               Guns  in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and,  yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding  citizens.

With  guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are  'subjects'.

During  WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade   America because  they knew most Americans were ARMED!

·               Gun  owners in the USA are one of the largest armed forces  in   the  World!

·           If  you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun   control  message to all of your friends.

·           The  purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible   victory  in defense.

·               The  sword is more important than the shield and skill is more  important than either. 

·           SWITZERLAND   ISSUES  A GUN TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD!  SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT ISSUES  AND TRAINS EVERY ADULT IN THE USE OF A  RIFLE.

·               SWITZERLAND HAS  THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN  THE WORLD!!!

·               IT'S  A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR  GOVERNMENT   WASTE  MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW-ABIDING  CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.
     ·               
I'm  a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment! If you are too, please  forward this. If you're not a believer, please reconsider the  true facts. This is history; not what's being shown
  • Like 3

More on Modern Romance

A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant 

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table saying, "For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish."

Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband."

The fairy waved her magic wand and - poof two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment: "Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me."  

The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.

So the fairy waved her magic wand and - poof  

The husband became 92 years old. 

The moral of this story: 

Men who are ungrateful bastards should remember,

Fairies are female. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 
A married man should forget his mistakes.
There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

Never Argue with a Woman

One morning, the husband returns the boat to their lakeside cottage after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap.

Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out. She motors out a short distance, anchors, puts her feet up, and begins to read her book. The peace and solitude are magnificent.

Along comes a Fish and Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says, 'Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?'

'Reading a book,' she replies, (thinking, 'Isn't that Obvious?')

'You're in a Restricted Fishing Area,' he informs her.

'I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading.'

'Yes, but I see you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up.'

'If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault! ,' says the woman.

'But I haven't even touched you,' says the Game Warden.

'That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment.'

'Have a nice day ma'am,' and he left.

MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can also think.

• Haha 1

Ex-SEAL Jocko Willink: Remember the warriors who made the supreme sacrifice -- Don't waste your time on Earth

I am the fallen soldier, sailor, airman, and Marine.

Remember me.

I am the one that held the line.

Sometimes I volunteered. Sometimes I went because I was told to go.

But when the nation called – I answered.

P)

In order to serve, I left behind the family, friends, and freedom that so many take for granted.   

Over time, I used different weapons: a sword, a musket, a bayonet, a rifle, a machine gun.  

Often, I marched into battle on foot – countless miles – across whole continents. I had little water and even less food. But it did not matter. We had a job to do.  

Other times, I rode to battle on horseback or in wagons; sometimes on trains; later in tanks or Jeeps or Humvees.

In early wars, my ships were made of wood and powered by the wind.

Later they were made of steel and powered by diesel fuel or the atom.

I even took to the air and mastered the sky in planes, helicopters, and jets.

The machines of war evolved and changed with the times.

But remember that it was always me – the warrior – that had to fight our nation’s enemies.

I fought at Lexington and Concord as our nation was born.

I crossed the Delaware on Christmas day in 1776. Freedom was on our side.

I defended The Chattahoochee river in the War of 1812. I would stand again.

In the Civil War, I fought with my brothers – and against my brothers – at Gettysburg and Shiloh and Bull Run. I learned that we must never again divide.

In World War l, I marched on the Marne and held the line at Belleau Wood. The War to end all wars, they called it. I just called it hell.

In World War ll, I fought everywhere: from the beaches of Normandy and the Battle of the Bulge, to the sands of Iwo Jima and the hell of Guadalcanal. I stood against tyranny and kept darkness from consuming the world.

In Korea I landed at Inchon and broke out of the Chosin Reservoir. They called it the forgotten war – but I never forgot.  

In Vietnam, I went and I fought in the Mekong Delta and at Ia Drang and Khe Sanh and Hamburger hill. Some say my country waivered. But I did not waiver. Ever.

In the recent past I have fought in Grenada, Panama, Somalia, and other desperate places around the globe.

And finally I have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. In Baghdad, Fallujah, and Ramadi.

In Kunar, Helmand, and Kandahar.

As technology advanced, I used night vision goggles and global positioning systems and drones and lasers and thermal optics.

But it was still me, a human being, that did the work.

It was me that patrolled up the mountains or across the desert or though the streets.

It was me that suffered in the merciless heat and the bitter cold.

It was me that went out, night after night, to confront our nation’s enemies and confront evil face to face.

It was me.

Remember me. I was a warrior.

But also remember:

That I was not only a warrior.

I was not just a soldier, sailor, airman, or Marine.

Remember also: that I was a son, a brother, a father.

I was a daughter, a sister, a mother.

I was a person – like you – a real person with hopes and dreams for the future.

I wanted to have children.

I wanted to watch my children grow up.

I wanted to see my son score a touchdown or shoot the winning basket.

I wanted to walk my daughter down the aisle.

I wanted to kiss my wife again.

I wanted to grow old with her – and be there to hold her hand when life grew hard.

When I told her I would be with her until the end – I meant it.

When I told my children I would always be there for them – I meant it.

But I gave all that away.

All of it.

On that distant battlefield, on some god-forsaken patch of dirt, amongst the fear and the fire and the bullets.

Or in the sky above enemy territory filled with flak.

Or on the unforgiving sea where we fought against the enemy and against the depths of the abyss.

There, in those awful places: I held the line.

I did not waiver and I did not hesitate.

I: The Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine.

I stood my ground and sacrificed my life – my future, my hopes, my dreams.

I sacrificed everything – for you.

This Memorial Day, remember me: the fallen warrior.

And remember me not for my sake – but for yours.

Remember what I sacrificed so you can truly appreciate the incredible treasures you have: Life. Liberty. The pursuit of happiness.

You have the joys of life, the joys that I gave up, so that you can relish in them:

A cool wind in the air.

The gentle spring grass on your bare feet.

The warm summer sun on your face.

Family. Friends. And freedom.

Never forget where it all came from.

It came from sacrifice: The supreme sacrifice.

Don’t waste it. Don’t waste any of your time on this earth.

Live a life that honors the sacrifice of our fallen heroes.

Remember them always. And make every day... Memorial Day.

• Like 1

THE PALE BLUE DOT 

It takes just a couple of minutes to pause and adjust one’s perceptions.

This excerpt from Carl Sagan's book Pale Blue Dot (1994) was inspired by an image taken, at Sagan's suggestion, by Voyager 1 on 14 February 1990. From a distance of about 3.25 billion nautical miles, Voyager 1, had completed its primary mission and was leaving the Solar System. It was commanded to turn its camera around and take one last photo of Earth across a great expanse of space at the request of the author

The accompanying words, written in 1991 – 27 years ago  and are still relevant today...

https://mail.uol.com.br/attachment?msg_id=MTQ5MjU2&ctype=2017-07-05-VIDEO-00000014.mp4&disposition=attachment&folder=INBOX&attsize=10016496&content_id=&accountId=0

4 hours ago, garimpo said:

THE PALE BLUE DOT 

This excerpt from Carl Sagan's book Pale Blue Dot (1994) was inspired by an image taken, at Sagan's suggestion, by Voyager 1 on 14 February 1990. From a distance of about 3.25 billion nautical miles, Voyager 1, had completed its primary mission and was leaving the Solar System. It was commanded to turn its camera around and take one last photo of Earth across a great expanse of space at the request of the author

The accompanying words, written in 1991 – 27 years ago  and are still relevant today...

https://mail.uol.com.br/attachment?msg_id=MTQ5MjU2&ctype=2017-07-05-VIDEO-00000014.mp4&disposition=attachment&folder=INBOX&attsize=10016496&content_id=&accountId=0

Don the link isn't working!!!

The Portuguese error message reads "attachment not found."  I figured I was doing something wrong.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:57 PM, garimpo said:

THE PALE BLUE DOT 

https://mail.uol.com.br/attachment?msg_id=ODU4MA&amp;ctype=2017-07-05-VIDEO-00000014.mp4&amp;disposition=attachment&amp;content_id=<5b1142384e0af_48c52ac535bf913429b%40a4-weasel15.mail>&amp;folder=SENT&amp;attsize=10084988&amp;content_id=<5b1142384e0af_48c52ac535bf913429b@a4-weasel15.mail>&amp;accountId=0

On 6/1/2018 at 7:08 PM, Au Seeker said:

Don the link isn't working!!!

On 6/1/2018 at 7:21 PM, Saul R W said:

The Portuguese error message reads "attachment not found."  I figured I was doing something wrong.

I think this is most if not all of what Don was trying to share, I found it very interesting and really makes you think about how rare we are, or aren't in the universe.

http://www.planetary.org/explore/space-topics/earth/pale-blue-dot.html

Skip and RW try this link, it takes a couple of minutes to open and I can see the link loading at the bottom left corner of my 

screen. After it downloads I have the program set to open auto. I changed the link above and it opened when I clicked it

and waited for the program to open. 

Wrong again, I clicked it a second time and it didn't work that time. I'll try something else. 

Ok tried it again, I right clicked the link and said to open in a new window. That's when I see the link opening

at the bottom left corner of my screen. 

Don after 5 minutes I still get nothing, no download, nada, all I get still is the page with the Portuguese error message.

• Hmmmmmm 1

We need these laws NOW !

1  There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools. 
2.  All ballots will be in this nation's language.
3.. All government business will be conducted in our  language. 
4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.
5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office. 
6  Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers.   No welfare, no food  stamps, no health care,  or other government assistance programs. Any foreigner who is a burden will be deported. 
7.  Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.
8. If foreigners come here and buy land... options will be restricted. Certain parcels including  waterfront property are reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.
9.. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies.   These will lead to deportation.
10.  If you do come to this country illegally, you will be actively hunted, when caught, sent to jail until your deportation can be arranged.  All assets will be taken from you.
Harsh, you say?

The above laws are current immigration laws of MEXICO

• Like 4

We need them LAWS for sure